Q&D: Secrets of Power Discussion Thread

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Yeah, would be a nice idea. The fairground in Essen is only about 35-40 min. away (depending on the traffic of course). ^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Sorry, just recognized that players without a tribe could have 6 secrets as well. ^^
What happens if they keep a full set for 48 hours? Is it the same as for tribes?

DeletedUser1754

it seems that the secrets are mostly at the rim, maybe because there are the most barbarian villages
if thats true, so what would be in a full world, where one big player with some thousands of villages just deleted his account, in the middle of the save area of his tribe? and then the secrets appear? would then nearly all of the secrets be in that area in the middle of this tribe?^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The other way round as well... what happens on a world without any abandoned villages? ^^

DeletedUser

Oh, wait. I remember the devs (I'm not really a developer despite my forum title) saying that they had generated twice the number they had originally wanted to and then deleted half of them. Maybe that's what happened. You'll have to wait for tomorrow to get confirmation on that, sorry.

I can confirm that, I received notification of it.

Regarding the placement of secrets, I believe that is one of the things that is being tested. Obviously the aim would be to have them scattered in areas that can be disputed by multiple tribes, without being clustered at one point.

DeletedUser121

The other way round as well... what happens on a world without any abandoned villages? ^^

Noticed that these Secrets of Power won't be set up on old worlds. I guess Secrets of Power will appear before there's no barbarian villages :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Yes, secrets will start to appear 3 to 4 month into a world. There should be space left. Note also that beta doesn't have a very "typical" distribution of players/tribes/barbarians so that the distribution is not how it will be on "inhabited" worlds. Finally, we spawned way too many secrets for a world of this size (intentionally, so that we can have an endgame quickly).

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

It seems as conquering secrets goes well atm. I have a small request: Due to a bug I just fixed, it was impossible to move secrets - it is possible now. It would be nice if some of the current secret holders can try it out. :)

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

It seems as conquering secrets goes well atm. I have a small request: Due to a bug I just fixed, it was impossible to move secrets - it is possible now. It would be nice if some of the current secret holders can try it out. :)

Done, I moved mine but I don't see a kitty on the new village yet. Or does this appear when the secret arrives in the village ?

Would be nice to have a pull down menu to select your villages instead of filling in the coordinates by hand. :icon_rolleyes:

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I think the kitty will only appear when it arrives, otherwise the enemy tribes could set up an attack from close range to land just moments after it would arrive.

DeletedUser

Lord Soth said:
Would be nice to have a pull down menu to select your villages instead of filling in the coordinates by hand.

Yes, I noticed - I'm currently working on that. Should be done sometime later today. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser1754

Done, I moved mine but I don't see a kitty on the new village yet.

where do you actually see all the kitties???^^ maybe im stupid, but i dont see any kitties on the map, and i already deleted cache but there are no kitties :( ^^

and a thought: why would the secrets actually only be activated after some time on the world..? sure its an end game feature, but where are the disadvantages, if it was active from the very beginning? and then there would be no "cut" in the gameplay where suddenly the game changes and all start a rush to get the secrets, and when all only think about the secrets anymore, to win the world (like, lets stop our current war against tribe a because in their area there is not the secrets which we need, so lets just be allies and dont fight anymore^^), but it would always be there and just a thing which gets more important by the time, because in the beginning you have like 1 or 2 secrets, and no chance to get even more (too far away etc) and later it gets possible, as soon as a tribe is big enough

DeletedUser

and a thought: why would the secrets actually only be activated after some time on the world..? sure its an end game feature, but where are the disadvantages, if it was active from the very beginning?

Let me start by saying that the spawn date is configurable and I'm pretty sure it will see some experimentation on different world.

It's not possible, really, to spawn the secrets at world start. Where would you spawn them? The "world" of a TW game only starts to grow with players joining the game. Sure, you could pick some arbitrary coordinates and place secrets there, but who will tell you if the world will actually grow to that size? Imagine a secret placed 2 continents away from the inhabited area of the map!

Three or four month into a world you can see how big it is going to be. Spawning secrets then means they will appear in places that matter. Hopefully places where they spark a lot of conflict too.

Finally, if we spawned the secrets only in the center region of the map it would be an unfair advantage for the early starters in a world. They have the advantage of the early start already, better not pile the secrets upon them too.

DeletedUser1754

ah, i didnt meant all right at the beginning, i meant right when the villages come there
so as the barbarian villages are placed automatically, a fix percentage of them will have a secret, like every x-th barb that is created or so...

477|405 zz2

kitty there

hmm ok (think)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Just as an idea for the progress bar that appeared now after the first tribe collected 6 secrets. How about adding a time scale to it?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
You should get a warning if you send your secret to an enemy. ^^

jora

Reaction score
I thought that they come up with something more interesting that some kind of super powers or special bonus Paladins village
like this time and the end and how to mock enemy

Last edited:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Super powers, special bonus Paladins? What has it to do with an endgame feature?

And actually it's very easy to get the secret villages and to keep them because there is no real competition.

But anyway I could imagine that it is be more difficult to conquer the abandoned villages with secrets. They could be stacked with troops and also their basic defense is much higher than usual. The basic defense should be set back to the normal value, when the village was conquered.

edit/ would be nice if the secrets would be shown in the popups on the map.