Q&D: Secrets of Power Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

This is the discussion thread regarding the Secrets of Power announcement. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have :)

DeletedUser

And now a more serious question: Do secrets change village ? :icon_confused: I did notice a kitty :icon_mad: on some villages earlier but now they appear to be gone ! Or is this a bug ? :cool:

DeletedUser

Secrets can be moved - upon a secret being "captured" there is a cooldown time, after which the secret can be moved. Once a new destination has been chosen, the move cannot be cancelled (to avoid "dodging" secrets") and once it reaches its new destination, the owner again has to wait the cooldown time before being able to move it again. There will also be a limit on how far the secret can be moved in one go... all these things are what need to be tested, in order to find the best values and limitations on things like how easy it is to defend and control secrets.

DeletedUser

Maybe a better question to start with: How are they captured? conquering the barbarian?
Yes

Secrets can be moved - upon a secret being "captured" there is a cooldown time, after which the secret can be moved. Once a new destination has been chosen, the move cannot be cancelled (to avoid "dodging" secrets") and once it reaches its new destination, the owner again has to wait the cooldown time before being able to move it again. There will also be a limit on how far the secret can be moved in one go... all these things are what need to be tested, in order to find the best values and limitations on things like how easy it is to defend and control secrets.

That's not exactly what I mean. Earlier my tribemate send a couple of nobles toward a barbarian village with a kitty on it. But before the nobles could arrive the kitty was gone !?

DeletedUser

That's not exactly what I mean. Earlier my tribemate send a couple of nobles toward a barbarian village with a kitty on it. But before the nobles could arrive the kitty was gone !?

That's not supposed to happen - unless another player captured the secret first and moved it. In that case it should be somewhere in the area and in the possession of a player.

DeletedUser

No, it's completely gone. Happened to me as well. ^^

Oh, wait. I remember the devs (I'm not really a developer despite my forum title) saying that they had generated twice the number they had originally wanted to and then deleted half of them. Maybe that's what happened. You'll have to wait for tomorrow to get confirmation on that, sorry.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Btw... is there a reason, why the "Secret rankings" (screen=ranking&mode=secrets) don't show the coordinates?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
What's the meaning of "1/6 Geheimnisse" in the rankings and what happens if it is "6/6 Geheimnisse"?

secrets_001.png

I know that it's my third post one after another. :icon_embar:

DeletedUser1754

there are 6 different secrets and if one tribe got all, then they have won the game...i guess^^

DeletedUser

Well, the rankings page doesn't show the coordinates because no one thought of putting them in there, I think.

It's the objective to get a full "set" of secrets (six in the case shown). If you manage to do that and hold them for 48 hours, you win the game.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
48 hours is a fixed time yet or can it be changed in the settings?

Cause... (maybe I'm wrong now) ... 48 hours could be very short to conquer a village depending on very long walking duration on older worlds and the location of the "secret villages". Means, located deep inside the enemies save area it could be quite impossible to conquer those villages. ^^

DeletedUser

48 hours is a fixed time yet or can it be changed in the settings?

It's in the settings. However, think about it: The secrets spawn all over the map and you only move them 10 spaces a week. if a tribe has ALL of them deep inside its territory everyone else must have been asleep for a couple of months...

DeletedUser

You are welcome. I'll be in Essen for the Spiel on Thursday and Friday (20th/21st of October). We can meet there and chat about the feature, if you're interested (same goes for anyone who's going to be at the Spiel - though I doubt many will be close or interested).

Last edited by a moderator: