Implemented: True Mass Forwarding Reports

DeletedUser

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to mass forward reports to other players (I'm aware of the mass publish feature that is named "Forward" and that does not fit the bill in my opinion). I've read some discussion of this issue in other areas on .net and the tw staff seemed to be worried about tribes spamming players report boxes but I think this would easily be remedied with a few filters.

Filters

1. Do you want players outside of your tribe to be able to mass forward reports to your account? (check for no)
2. Block _______ player from mass forwarding reports to your account. (enter in a player name)
3. Allow _______ tribe to mass forward reports to your account. (enter in a tribe name)

With these filters I can't see of any way to abuse the system and it would greatly increase the transfer of information within the game that is critical for mass ops.

DeletedUser

yeeeeeees!!! :)

or like this: (from the idea in .de)

3ew8.jpg

(translation: xy wants to send you 10 reports - accept/dont acceptt)

no matter how, this needs to be implemented :)

DeletedUser

That would be another good way to deal with the problem too. Regardless of how it is implemented I believed mass forwarding of reports would be a great addition to the game.

DeletedUser

I think in times of war even from your own tribe your reports will be flooded.

Maybe change this to mass export and then publish in the forum easily.

DeletedUser

also there is a mass publish feature already, perhaps you could also add in a block all filter for those who don't want to use this but I know a lot of people who would love this. Also if you routinely maintain your report folder it's very easy to keep it tidy. :)

DeletedUser

I think there's a better way to do this to be honest...
Why allow one person to send 40 reports, to 40 tribe members, it's 1600 reports being generated?
This could potentially end up causing server lag, and extra large databases that don't need to be that large.

I believe I proposed this on regular .net

Create two reports databases.

One is your player reports database, key'd by player id, which is the current reports database we have.

The other is the tribal reports database, key'd by tribe id, a player could checkmark the reports they want to pass to the tribe (40 to a page), then submit them to the tribal database key'd to the tribe they are in. Once submitted there, they become the ownership of the tribe and are now the responsibility of the tribal leadership to manage/delete them.

Players would be able to view any report in the tribal database, and those reports would also show up on the village overview.

Instead of creating 1600 entries in a database for a single page of reports going to 40 tribe members, your creating 40 entries.
Plus there is no spamming of anyone's report box, and the information is still easily accessible.

Here's my original post there:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=5385727&postcount=7

DeletedUser

@AreYouKidden:
i dont think that would be better, sorry..

because firtsly, you dont only want to send reports to your tribe members, maybe another friend of you is also interested in how you attacked another player, and wants to see all the reports..

and, secondly, why would someone send 40 reports to all 40 tribe members? you send reports to someone, if he wants to have them, for example if someone asks you for the reports, or if you cleaned the villages which he wants to noble or something like that
if i would be in a tribe, where someone just sends 40 reports to all people of the tribe (dont see any reason in this, not all members are interested in all 40 reports o.o), then i would be really angry..because this is massive spamming
and if this would be "normal" there and happen more than once, i would block all the members for forwarded reports, or look for another tribe^^

and another problem in your idea: when you got a big data base for the tribal reports, you would have to search for the reports you need, you wouldnt have them where you need them, this would also be annoying...
imagine looots of reports there, because some players are making a big offensive against someone at the other end of the tribe, and you are looking for the 3 reports of your neighbour which you need, and at which you want to look at more that once for checking the coords again or whatever, this would be everytime like searching for a needle in a haycook :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@AreYouKidden:
i dont think that would be better, sorry..

because firtsly, you dont only want to send reports to your tribe members, maybe another friend of you is also interested in how you attacked another player, and wants to see all the reports..

You'd still be able to manually send them the couple of reports you want to send them, this wouldn't be disabled. But if you make a mass forward report feature, report boxes will get spammed, because it's easier to mass forward to a tribe, then to specific players (unless the mass forward feature could only go to one player at a time, then what's the point?)

and, secondly, why would someone send 40 reports to all 40 tribe members? you send reports to someone, if he wants to have them, for example if someone asks you for the reports, or if you cleaned the villages which he wants to noble or something like that

Why wouldn't you?
40 reports is an example, I'll send all 25 pages of reports from a scout OP on 1000 villages to the tribe, so they can see valuable intel on a potential noble target, and make a decision on where they want to noble. Intel is valuable, it allows the tribes visibility to their opponents, and to make the right decisions when leading attacks.

if i would be in a tribe, where someone just sends 40 reports to all people of the tribe (dont see any reason in this, not all members are interested in all 40 reports o.o), then i would be really angry..because this is massive spamming and if this would be "normal" there and happen more than once, i would block all the members for forwarded reports, or look for another tribe^^

Your not seeing the value in this, because you've probably not experienced organization at a higher level.

and another problem in your idea: when you got a big data base for the tribal reports, you would have to search for the reports you need, you wouldnt have them where you need them, this would also be annoying...
imagine looots of reports there, because some players are making a big offensive against someone at the other end of the tribe, and you are looking for the 3 reports of your neighbour which you need, and at which you want to look at more that once for checking the coords again or whatever, this would be everytime like searching for a needle in a haycook :D

You can view reports on the village overview screen, why would you ever need to go look in a huge database? Click on the village your looking at, and view the reports for it.

A little background from me:

I come from .net, world 32, I'm the Duke of Time there.
My tribe there is an organized war machine, where the entire tribe commits to one another, sending out attacks for each other, scouts, nukes, cats, all for others in the tribe.
With the current system, I receive around 10-15 pages of reports daily forwarded to me, I've had days leading into a war where I received literally 50+ pages of reports in a single day.

The reason why this works, is because my entire tribe uses report renamers, all the details of the report are in the name of the report, prior to being sent, that way people can skim over 40 reports to get the intel they need instead of reading each one. They can also click on a village overview, and see the exact counts of a scouted village. All of this doesn't make it harder for players, it makes it easier. And currently all a player does is click on forwarded reports, and file them into another folder so they can view their own reports, while still seeing the valuable intel on a village overview.

[spoil] {The Pagan} @ Cracked Farm-----> ottamanempare 420|330 >> | << / W:15 -- CLEARED (new) Sep 15,2010 20:18
AreYouKidden -> KahraManKing 370|555 >> | << / -- CLEARED Sep 15,2010 20:17
AreYouKidden -> KahraManKing 370|555 >> | << / -- CLEARED Sep 15,2010 20:10
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 450|365 >> | << / W:0 -- CLEARED (new) Sep 15,2010 19:41
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 451|363 >> | << / -- CLEARED (new) Sep 15,2010 19:41
Testacalda -> KahraManKing 409|602 >> | << / -- CONQUERED Sep 15,2010 19:41
Testacalda -> KahraManKing 409|602 >> | << / -- CONQUERED Sep 15,2010 18:38
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 429|350 >> Sp:31413 Sw:644 Hc:5371 Ca:13 | << / W:17 -- (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 415|339 >> | << / W:0 -- CLEARED (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09
Wolverinee -> özdereli 460|361 >> Sp:536 Sw:1786 Sc:86 Hc:616 Ra:86 | << / W:13 -- (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 437|319 >> | << / W:3 -- (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09
Wolverinee -> ottamanempare 449|362 >> | << / -- CLEARED (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09
Whisper34 -> ***eNesSs*** 417|525 >> | << / -- (new) Sep 15,2010 18:09[/spoil]

As you can see from the short list of reports (spoilers), I don't even have to bother to open the reports up from my members, all the intel is in the name.

Village 429|350 has 31413 spears & 5371 HC.

The idea of a tribal report database for all of this, would actually mean less spam in your own report inbox.
I was assuming the goal was more distribution of information, less spam.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
In fact I don't like the idea of mass forwarding reports. :)

I completely agree to AreYouKidden's idea about a tribal report data base, which should have some filters for players, villages etc. to select the reports of interest only. Renaming the reports as it is done by AreYouKidden is also a very good way, because it contains all necessary information and avoids to open all reports.

DeletedUser

I can get behind that. Honestly your suggestion addresses the main reason for this feature, in my opinion, which is to allow you to see the reports on the village overviews to make it easier to identify weaknesses in an enemy's defenses.

P.S. Nice to finally see you on beta AreYouKidden. :)

DeletedUser

Took a while to get here, needed Typhi to give me a little push :p~

DeletedUser

If this idea isn't implemented I can create something very similar for TwClaimer. As I was thinking about making this, but then someone showed me a link to this topic.