Implemented: Keystrokes!

DeletedUser

There are no keystrokes in the GUI at all! Why?

They would allow to shorten lots of ways. :)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Okay^^

But he is a she, because myhill is still female or did it change during the last days? :D

DeletedUser

Yes, hotkeys or shortcuts, excuse me^^
For example you press 'm' or 'M' to enter the map.

DeletedUser

You could technically do that with Opera already... *ponders*
Wouldn't work for sitters though, unless you made a script for it.

DeletedUser

you can do this with a gm-script too^^ (where its allowed)
there are also some gm-scripts on .de which put lots of hotkeys into the game..
but to have ot ingame is always better :)

DeletedUser

/me submits transfer request of his 14 million point account to .de

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
TW is already working with some accesskeys to change the villages with the arrows etc. So, why not extend it on screens, where it would be really helpful? Good idea!

DeletedUser73

Heh, well, this is news for me as well, but apparently we already have hotkeys: (In firefox at least.)

Alt + Shift + S = Overviews
Alt + Shift + D = Next Village
Alt + Shift + A = Previous Village

Please play around with these for a while to see if expanding upon them would be convenient or much used. :D

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
FireFox config has to be changed in some cases to work with the hotkeys. ;)

DeletedUser

not if you have to press 3 keys which you never remember^^
but: on .de in hypix farmmanager there are lots of hotkeys implemented, like + and -for switching the village, p for the rally point, m for the market, a for inserting all troops, enter for hitting ok, the arrows for switching to the next report, and so on and so on..
and these are used a lot i think
i actually need them so much, that i installed this "fammmanager" script even though i never go farming on .de :D mostly because of the hotkeys^^

DeletedUser1021

Heh, well, this is news for me as well, but apparently we already have hotkeys: (In firefox at least.)

Alt + Shift + S = Overviews
Alt + Shift + D = Next Village
Alt + Shift + A = Previous Village

Please play around with these for a while to see if expanding upon them would be convenient or much used. :D

I have used these for many years.I have even used similar keys for oprea, but they are not as user friendly.
If I remeber correctly the key combinations are

hold shift, press esc ,which open up a window where you press
S = Overviews
D = Next Village
or
A = Previous Village

DeletedUser

I used to use the existing hotkeys when I first started prior to buying premium but I find little need now. (for the existing ones)

I think it would be especially nice to be able to add user definable hotkeys to scripts, somewhat like you can do with some scripts in opera.

DeletedUser

I personally don't use them at all, I run off the overview, and open villages into tabs and tab through them so I don't have to wait on page loads.
There are certain keys I think would be useful, like being able to get to a map, or a village HQ, but aside from that, I think the options here for users are too specific to their needs to really implement across the board. What would be better would be having 20-30 options of screens / buttons you could assign to hot keys through a set up screen.

Then i could assign Map to A, Rankings to S, and HQ to D. (because that's what I'd like to see, while many others probably don't)

DeletedUser

Imagine you have three scripts in your quickbar: one clicks a farm/fake script, one clicks attack, one clicks ok. absolutely nothing illegal; the same three clicks as always. Would it be possible to program it into the game (or if otherwise too, as in not in game, I'm still interested :p) to, say, click R to click the script, click T to click attack, click Y to click ok?

DeletedUser73

That would be making things a bit too easy don't you think? :p

Note to .net players: Having those three things in the quickbar is indeed legal on Beta.