Discussion version 8.19

DeletedUser2404

Ok thanks. Regarding to the difference between gift pp or gift features i do not agree as you should allways know the one you gift anything to. And what he's doing with it... Well you shouldn't care. But anyways, that's just my point of view.

Regarding buffs from events, I think the current way was somehow a good one, as unwanted happenings had an end (like the feature 50% resources from last winter event). The problem is, where to store all the information for all the (possibly) upcoming buffs? If you look at the winter event, some features where useable only once a day, some as often as wanted. What I want to say, all these buffs have different requirements that have to be displayed somewhere at this page and I think that would lead into kind of overload.

And last thing, that came up to my mind. Last winter event. Acc A and Acc B. Acc A does have few thousands of villages, Acc B just a single one. Using the tombola for Acc A is pretty expensive, for Acc B pretty cheap. As we take now the buff + 50% rescouces. Let's say, Acc A receives like 1 million each (in total). Now he just has to use the market and trade half of it to Acc B. If i remember it correctly, 1 spin cost 200 steel what is 2k resources. That would be 250 spin per buff. If you do it again and again and again.

And this would probably lead into the fact that ppl will sell these unwanted buffs for premium points what can not be avoided.

DeletedUser

It was just an idea but maybe I did not make it clear enough and this is not the place to discuss ideas.

The inventory gives also the option for admins to give out items for free like it was done in the beginning rather than just extending the premium features for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2404

It's not an idea, it's my feedback. You said it is for storing buffs from events too and i tell you, this will be misused wherever it is possible and this is pretty simple for events like the last ons was.

But yes, you are right, it is posible now to gift such pp-features now and the user can decide when to use it. Even it is an idea now, but all i can do is, guess what comes, i would suggest just to extend or as we du have the feature now, to merge this page/functionality as the user has to purchase the feature now one one page and finds the information on another page.

But i can open a thread within the idea section if u want.

Morthy

Developer
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
It's not an idea, it's my feedback. You said it is for storing buffs from events too and i tell you, this will be misused wherever it is possible and this is pretty simple for events like the last ons was.

But yes, you are right, it is posible now to gift such pp-features now and the user can decide when to use it. Even it is an idea now, but all i can do is, guess what comes, i would suggest just to extend or as we du have the feature now, to merge this page/functionality as the user has to purchase the feature now one one page and finds the information on another page.

But i can open a thread within the idea section if u want.

The item system is extremely flexible and can be used for nearly every application. For example, you're worried about misuse from items being gifted, but not all items are giftable or even usable. "Gift" and "Use" are just too abstract possibilities that are available for Premium Features.

As with any future feature, I would recommend waiting until an actual implementation is seen before worrying too much about about it.

DeletedUser

- Added arrival time of trades to trade reports
This is very good idea, i think this help me an some other players a lot.

- If an attack contained only scouts, report title will now say "scouted" instead of "attacked"
And this one i really appreciate. Thumb up for this one.

DeletedUser2404

The item system is extremely flexible and can be used for nearly every application. For example, you're worried about misuse from items being gifted, but not all items are giftable or even usable. "Gift" and "Use" are just too abstract possibilities that are available for Premium Features.

As with any future feature, I would recommend waiting until an actual implementation is seen before worrying too much about about it.

Sure we have to wait. And I will not answer again as we just do repeat ourselfs now. I gave feedback to the inventory in a state as it is now, what means, reduce pls the icon size within the inventory and as long as these premium functions are the only item to be stored there, think about, that we do have infos now on two pages that better should be on a single one (buy these features on one page, quantity on the other page).

Everything else will come when other invetory items are implemented.

DeletedUser

The inventory will later store any kind of items and not just premium features. One usage I could see would be the buffs from events so they could be used later and not just during the event but this is not final yet and will may change in the future.

That better not be final I got to rank one and made over 100k pp by abusing the event because it was so badly thought out so I don't really think being able to store the buffs would do much good for the balance of the game!

My favorite bit of this update is
chisum said:
- Commands are now the last information shown on the mobile village overview (so that when there are a lot of commands, it doesn't make it hard to find other information)
On the aforementioned rank one account when we were actually farming it was nigh on impossible to look at each village page, had to wait for the hq to load a bit then stop the rest of the page from loading etc etc... it was a nightmare.

Edit: just saw this post:
Last winter event. Acc A and Acc B. Acc A does have few thousands of villages, Acc B just a single one. Using the tombola for Acc A is pretty expensive, for Acc B pretty cheap. As we take now the buff + 50% rescouces. Let's say, Acc A receives like 1 million each (in total). Now he just has to use the market and trade half of it to Acc B. If i remember it correctly, 1 spin cost 200 steel what is 2k resources. That would be 250 spin per buff. If you do it again and again and again.

You forgot that the amount of steel to spin increased massively whenever your points increased -- it was never worth it to trade for steel except on worlds with the farm limit where the massively stacked villages were extremely easy to clear. What we did was basically what you outlined except we used pp to spin and then sold a lot of our res for more pp to spin the next day etc etc
considering the event started about 2 days before we nobled, and we were about the fifth account to noble, we had 2 warehouses for overabundance a long time before anyone else did so we were able to put the extra 720k per day to very good use :D -- before long we were nobling a vill a day, which is absurd considering it was the second month of a speed 1 world.

DeletedUser

Please help me understand how the inventory feature works.

What i can see is that "You currently have no items"

Morthy

Developer
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
Sure we have to wait. And I will not answer again as we just do repeat ourselfs now. I gave feedback to the inventory in a state as it is now, what means, reduce pls the icon size within the inventory and as long as these premium functions are the only item to be stored there, think about, that we do have infos now on two pages that better should be on a single one (buy these features on one page, quantity on the other page).

Everything else will come when other invetory items are implemented.

The current image sizes are correct and are the graphics rendered at the size they were drawn.

DeletedUser

The new attack symbols in the village overview aren´t what I understand under an improvement of the game...it´s more a step backwards. The other symbols look like taken out of a comic ._.

DeletedUser4002

Unlock additional noblemen slots

What does that mean? Can I produce 2 Noblemans at the same time or that I don't have to make a Gold Coin?

-Flippy

It means that you will get the missing gold coins for the next nobleman.

Is that new in 8.19?

Anyway - that's the worst idea ever. It's very close to buy villages direktly :/

DeletedUser4002

OK - but new to me. And bad - worse - mega-worst.

The German Com will burn whole Hamburg down :icon_biggrin:

Feedback 8.19:

Would be nice, if the returning commands containing a nobleman were also marked with the icon.

CptNemo

Reaction score
- See online/offline status of friends in messages

I don't see - need premium ?

- Added friends' online status in rankings

And sitter !?

Only in Tribes Ranking - Members

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i dislike the friend group colored on the map, i,m one of the players that likes everything organized, it helps to get around easier, and having 'friends' highlighted on the map confuses me a little by most my friends are in the tribe, so it splits the tribe into 2 colors.

it would be better to have it as an optional group in the settings or something.

DeletedUser

As for gifting it makes a difference if you transfer premium points which can be used for everything or just a specific feature.

Why should I send a specific item, if I can send premium points as well? I think it's better my friend chooses his gift, than me...

Same goes for sitting when you could just store some items to be used by the sitter and store the premium points on another account.

That's good.

New feature: Command icons
The icons for your own commands will now change depending on the command type and contents. Command icons will be shown in the following situations:

I think this icons are simply not needed and that the number of different icons is to high.

Improvements:
- Increased default game screen width from 840 to 900
- Added friends' online status in rankings

How does this look like if one of those global competitions is running?
(Then you already have a green/red/blue/yellow button in the rankings...)

Changes:
- Dates formatted like: "Dec 09,2013 18:48" will no longer show the current year to save space in certain situations (like the reports list)

In the forum the year is needed imo.

DeletedUser

In the forum the year is needed imo.

In the forum the date is formatted differently... (on 20.01.2014 at 22:44)

How does this look like if one of those global competitions is running?
(Then you already have a green/red/blue/yellow button in the rankings...)

The friends' status is displayed behind the player name and the competition thingy is displayed in front of the player name in the rankings. Good point though, we will see if we can change the team icons.