Rejected: Moving nobleman like paladin

DeletedUser1328

My point was that it would be nice to be able to move those locked nobles, but I think it'd ruin any part of strategy if you could move them in 3 hours flat, from anywhere. Across my entire village spread on w32, it takes me 250 hours by noble to cover. That's a lot of days if I really want to move one to the front I'm nobling in currently. I'd really have to consider if I wanted him to travel that far. I also think if you send him to a village, and that village gets nobled in that travel time, that your noble should die, as he's been captured by the enemy. Yes the losses would be big, so hope you make the right decision on where to send it.
ok - for package worlds
for coin worlds see my reasons above

Your right, other than the time it takes to build however many nobles you need by 1.5 hours, so if you want to plant 6 somewhere, it's going to take 9 hours, and not 4.5.
That said, I don't consider those who don't play the game, and just store packets to be the ones to design the game for. Right now I have 27 locked nobles, I'd love to have them back, and don't have the packets to make another 27 more sadly so I can't just pop them in anywhere. That said, I still think there needs to be some sort of side effect of being able to move these nobles, and to me that side effect is the amount of time.
6? 4.5??
my point was that you can make as many nobles as you want in the build time of 1 noble, if you all build them in different villages^^ as you pointed this out as a negative thing of this idea when you can move the nobles, i just wanted to show how this is already possible (partly in package worlds, completly in coin worlds)
but please could you calculate your examples with the speed 3 of the beta or with stadart speed 1, as i cant follow your calculations when i dont know whether youre playing a speed 1, 2, 3, 1.6 or whatever world^^

I realize the idea was that you didn't have to kill your nobles, but who cares? Kill a noble, and rebuild it on a coin world. It takes less time than what your suggesting, but costs you 140k in resources. To me that's a solution already existing at a small cost.
i care :p its a small change, but a good one in my opinion, and this was what the idea was about

Pally's make sense, you can only have 1, anything else would have rendered him useless.
That said, I've always questioned if 3 hours wasn't too short of a time, I juggle my pally around in defense all the time, getting my 30% bonuses on spears.
nobles are also limited...depending on the coins/..
and maybe you dont kill your nobles all the time, but i do (coin world), so from my point of view its an improvement just the same as it was an improvement for the pala..

so....

you say the idea is worthless on coin worlds, and you dont care what happens there because its a relative small change, and on package worlds you like it but with very much restrictions..

i say, i would love to have it on coin worlds, in a way in which it makes sense to use it, and on package worlds i dont care, if you say its a too big change there then ok, if you say you would like it there too then also ok...

im not so much used to playing package worlds, so i say:
for coin worlds i would like to have it, with normal build time for moving (so that theres a reason for using it, an advantage in comparison to killing them), for the reason that you neednt kill them anymore

i think it doesnt make sense to argue between 2 soo different things, as its obvious that this idea is a completely different one depending on the noble cost style of the world...

when you think on package worlds it should be different, then our opinions doesnt contradict each other

marcus the mad

Reaction score
You could just differentiate a little between the coin and package worlds.

For coin worlds, just as joiner said, build time (queued)

For package worlds, travel time plus build time (queued)

Both with limitation that if village of origin or village of destination get nobled in the process, they're killed.

Though I think doubling the build time in coin worlds or something would be necessary, so the players have to take a bigger risk. Say, if they are under attack, will they send it away and risk losing it, or just kill it for farm space anyway.
(not best example, but couldn't come up with good ones xD)

DeletedUser1375

Both with limitation that if village of origin or village of destination get nobled in the process, they're killed.

Nice improvement ;)

i liked it.

I think that the time the nobleman spents to travel will be the same as he attacks one village. it makes no sense if he gets sooner to the destination village comparesing it to the time he spents to attack. why would that happen that way? i say that the time would be the same as he takes to attack.

guys, tomorrow i'm coming again here to comment ok?

today i have no much time cause here in Portugal we are just 1:30h left for 2011 ;D

Bye.

DeletedUser1375

Double post. I'm sorry about that.

So what we have till now?

I'll put all small ideias here now that we have discussed:

- the nobleman can only be moved if the destination village has academy;

- if the destination village is conquered while the nobleman is moving there, he will be killed;

- as we move the nobleman from a village to another, we gain space in the farm but we also need that space on the destination village;

- the nobleman travels at is own speed like as he attacks/supports one village (i think it is better like this);

- we can move several nobleman if they are in the same village;

- this feature will be available from the beggining of the game till the end of it;

- will be available at coins and packages world cause it is usefull in both in spite of in coins world it is less usefull.

i like this options to be like this :) and you? want to change something?

DeletedUser

How do you think it would be implemented? As a change on all current worlds or as an option for new worlds?

marcus the mad

Reaction score
How do you think it would be implemented? As a change on all current worlds or as an option for new worlds?

Its probably better to implement it as a new option, like the paladin weapons and stuff.

Nobleman moveable: Yes/No

Its probably best to let the worlds be as they are because it might give a huge change to package worlds and a lot of resistance there.

DeletedUser

It it's only be an option should it be compatible with all current systems or only with gold coins and global packets? Because moving the nobleman for worlds where there are noblemen rectrictions to three nobles per village it doesn't make sense to move the nobles at all.

DeletedUser

But that's exactly what these settings make them specific, that you can't have more than three nobles in one village and if you noble a village that the place is occupied until the village gets nobled from another village. Maybe you don't understand this specific setting and if it would be possible to move the nobles on these worlds, the specific setting is useless so it doesn't make sense to move them with these setting.

DeletedUser

i would suggest: on coin worlds always active, on package worlds sometimes active so that there are worlds with and without, on worlds with 3 nobles per village which can only build in this village not active
and only on new worlds
then i like this

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I meant that you can move it to a village with 2 or less nobles in it, not exceeding the max. of 3

Nobles that do travel there and would make 4 or higher, just arive as support from the village of origin and act like regular support troops.

DeletedUser1375

what?

i don't know any world where we can only have max 3 nobleman per village...

explain me that or give me examples...

DeletedUser

I meant that you can move it to a village with 2 or less nobles in it, not exceeding the max. of 3

Nobles that do travel there and would make 4 or higher, just arive as support from the village of origin and act like regular support troops.

If you have already nobled 3 villages from the same village you can't move a noble to this village because of the restrictions so where is the benefit to move it at all?

Th3lmuu90 said:
what?

i don't know any world where we can only have max 3 nobleman per village...

explain me that or give me examples...

Currently de64 has these settings...

"You can have a maximum of 3 nobles per village, so with every stage of the academy one more. If you've nobled a village with a noble, the space in the home village of the noble is blocked."

marcus the mad

Reaction score
If you have already nobled 3 villages from the same village you can't move a noble to this village because of the restrictions so where is the benefit to move it at all?

Let me explain what I mean.

Say you have 3 villages (A, B, C) and 1 village you want to noble (X)

this is the 'map'

C _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ A
_ _ B _ _ X

Now you have 2 nobles in village A, you already wasted one on conquering B. That village has all the requirements for a nobleman and already has 1 stationed there.
Your 4th nobleman is in C. Now, you know that the targetted village is from a player and you roughly know his online times. Lets just go with the thought that sending from C
on noblespeed would give you away due to the timetable.

Now, if you'd send your noble to B, you wouldn't have to worry about it because the next day you can send the train without having to worry.

DeletedUser

Good point marcus...still, I like this idea, because when you want to transform, lets say, an offensive village (with a nobleman in it) into a defensive village, you pretty much have to send the nobleman to a barbarian village and kill him off...

DeletedUser73

This seems to be something that will make the game easier rather than better. There's a difference. If we wanted the game to be easier, we could just give everyone free nobles in whichever village they want, daily. Or am I completely missing the point? That's always possible. :D

marcus the mad

Reaction score
You could say it makes it easier, it opens a few new tactical possibilities, but nothing too major I think.

DeletedUser

Generally I really like the idea of moving noblemen because it has always been missing (yeah I know for the "new" bad noble system there is the possibility to destroy and rebuild the noble, but it is a bad system anyway so don't care).
But instead of limiting the amount of movable noblemen I would prefer to make the moving noblemen very slow (lets say 2 hours per field). So if you are planning an offensive, you would need to start moving your noblemen 2 days before.
Just the scout question would be left.

DeletedUser

This seems to be something that will make the game easier rather than better. There's a difference. If we wanted the game to be easier, we could just give everyone free nobles in whichever village they want, daily. Or am I completely missing the point? That's always possible. :D

You can give me free nobles typhi :)