Walking Duration ....

DeletedUser

THE WALKING DURATION CAN RANDOMLY VARY UP TO 1 SECONDS AFTER CONFIRMATION.

Sorry what? And why? :S

DeletedUser4002

I was wondering, how my neighbour ist fast as hell in saving his troops from my backtimes. Couldn't be that 1 second. know i found the reason - the specified speed of the units is very inaccurate.

Spear: 7 min/field = 7:12
sword: 9 min/field = 8:48
scout: 4 min/field = 3:36......

MY neighbour sure was loughing about me idiot. But this time i'll get him. Night mode, but i have to do it.....

DeletedUser

Because we want to see it tested ^^

Just my comment if this becomes standard on all worlds I'm gonna quit and if it is only on some worlds I won't play those as it makes trains and numerous other parts of tw strategy such as backtiming and sniping nearly impossible to do accurately

DeletedUser

you already "tested" it on twmasters with + randomally 5secs and no one liked it..

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
But we like it, especially as we get rid of all the illegal timing methods and timing bots / scripts this way. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

so nowadays settings will be made how mods like it not the users (the people who are actually paying)?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
We make settings on Beta as we like it and as they meet our requirements best, yes. This is a test server to find bugs, to learn about new features, to collect feedback on them etc. and we don't want to have all the illegal stuff on it that exists. As well as we don't want to see any userscripts and bots here.

DeletedUser

personally I like the added part of it, so it could screw your trains up, or make your backtime land BEFORE the opposing army is back, wo what? It adds an extra skill level to the game IMHO

DeletedUser

personally I like the added part of it, so it could screw your trains up, or make your backtime land BEFORE the opposing army is back, wo what? It adds an extra skill level to the game IMHO

Your joking right? You realize that in the case of actual backtiming that causes random luck to completely mess up actual skill.

DeletedUser2404

There is no skill about using bots or illegal scripts. Sure it's hard but this way, honestly, i sent my attack today 4 times before they had the right order. It's ok, even it took more time.

DeletedUser

I don't use bots or illegal scripts closest thing to either I use when attacking is Opera shortcut commands to switch between tabs and send attacks faster, which if thats illegal the top 100 of every world needs to be banned now.

DeletedUser

Well, as an alternative couldnt it be possible to add like 0.5secs to every att instead randomly up to 1 sec? Cuz timing and shit are imho essentials things (which i like most) about Tribal Wars. But now with the "random" factor it's not only skills you need, but also luck. And that's not funny -.- . I agree with king plague. Isn't there any other possibility to eliminate illegal scripts etc? Like i sad before, add 0.2-0.5secs to every comand given ... but not randomly :D

DeletedUser

I don't mind, just send more troops... it's not like that makes it more difficult if anything you're probably safer just doing it the hard way and timing nuke nobles to land same time :p

marcus the mad

Reaction score
you already "tested" it on twmasters with + randomally 5secs and no one liked it..

I don't know too much about the TWMasters, but the former round on beta had 5 secs and I think it lasted a couple months.

We decided to lower it as 5 seconds *is* a bit much, it was initially decided to go with 2 seconds even. There already is luck in the game when calculating attacks, but people easily circumvent 'bad' luck by just sending enough troops to basically cancel out the factor. Therefor, in my opinion, it is nice to have some 'luck' factor that is not predictable.

DeletedUser524

I don't know too much about the TWMasters, but the former round on beta had 5 secs and I think it lasted a couple months.

We decided to lower it as 5 seconds *is* a bit much, it was initially decided to go with 2 seconds even. There already is luck in the game when calculating attacks, but people easily circumvent 'bad' luck by just sending enough troops to basically cancel out the factor. Therefor, in my opinion, it is nice to have some 'luck' factor that is not predictable.

On the French server the last world open has an aditinal of 2 second. The world is just starte, we will see how the players work with it.