Implemented: Village Notebook indicator on world map

• Thread starter DeletedUser1013
  • Start date

DeletedUser1013

Typhi Note: Original Thread (link). The posts related to a village notebook indicator on the world map have been moved to this new thread.

====

Then i shall extend chisums original suggestion for an icon on the overviews to ask if it can also be placed on the map, perhaps similar to how you can give your groupings say a picture of LC.

Also would it be possible to open up the village notebook when you click on that icon?

DeletedUser73

Then i shall extend chisums original suggestion for an icon on the overviews to ask if it can also be placed on the map, perhaps similar to how you can give your groupings say a picture of LC.

Also would it be possible to open up the village notebook when you click on that icon?

Covering villages with yet more icons doesn't sound good for visibility. What about a link on the village info page?

DeletedUser

Covering villages with yet more icons doesn't sound good for visibility. What about a link on the village info page?

What about just making the text in your notebook that is displayed a link?

25fc2vb

or perhaps even better, maybe the text "Notebook"

DeletedUser1013

I was thinking that the notebook icon would be a hideable feature, like where you can turn different pop up options on or off. Personally I wouldn't mind having it there, but can see why some people may find it annoying.

What about some kind of middle ground, I am thinking where you have the little coloured circles, or the coloured boxes for groups, perhaps to have a border that could represent a notebook being there? Looking something like this, with the bottom one having a notebook notes;

icontu.png

That way it wouldn't be intrusive or ugly, but would still give a fast visual indication to you on the map. Just a thought, what do you think?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
This should include a solution for other player's villages as well. ;)

DeletedUser73

What about just making the text in your notebook that is displayed a link?

25fc2vb

or perhaps even better, maybe the text "Notebook"

I personally would have trouble clicking that before the popup disappears again due to the new position of the mouse. :p

DeletedUser1013

I personally would have trouble clicking that before the popup disappears again due to the new position of the mouse. :p

It would be quite funny though, like watching a dog chase its tail.

Anyone have any comments about my suggestion above? As a middle ground.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think we agreed about that additional icons for the notebook are not the best solution. But what about a blinking / flashing dot for that village (that one that always exists).

Just an idea - so, don't kill me, please. ^^

DeletedUser1013

My suggestion was not about an additional icon, it was about having a different coloured border to the dot that already exists on every village and would likely be a lot easier to do than a flashing dot.

This one;

I was thinking that the notebook icon would be a hideable feature, like where you can turn different pop up options on or off. Personally I wouldn't mind having it there, but can see why some people may find it annoying.

What about some kind of middle ground, I am thinking where you have the little coloured circles, or the coloured boxes for groups, perhaps to have a border that could represent a notebook being there? Looking something like this, with the bottom one having a notebook notes;

icontu.png

That way it wouldn't be intrusive or ugly, but would still give a fast visual indication to you on the map. Just a thought, what do you think?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I'm a little bit afraid of having not a strong enough contrast if you don't use icons for the village groups but only the colored dots, with your suggestion. But it depends on the colors of course.

DeletedUser

The different color of the border looks nice, i like it.

DeletedUser73

You guys seems to be pretty good at coming up with awesome ideas. ;o