Passed On: Toggle auto-refresh

DeletedUser561

In the rally point, incomings overview, commands overview, and village overview, troops returning to the village or hitting a target (or attacks landing, as is the case with incomings) will cause the page to auto-refresh.

I can think of many situations where this would be undesirable to the player, including, but not limited to:
Farming
Dodging
Just about anything on speed worlds

It would be nice to be able to go: Settings -> Settings -> Enable/Disable troop pages' refresh

:icon_cool:

edit: Obviously we do not want to freeze the timers, as that would make dodging backtimes and other things hard. You do still want to see the timers counting down. What I'm suggesting, is that when countdown reaches zero, it stays there, sitting at 0:00:00, but without showing the 'overdue' error.

Then once you manually refresh the page yourself, and timers that had been sitting at zero would disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why hide it in a menu?
Stick a little check box on each of those screens, which can be selected to enable/disable refreshing due to returning troops.
That way the option doesn't get forgotten, can be easily accessed, and doesn't clutter up a settings screen somewhere.

I agree entirely wth this suggestion, after opening up 50 tabs, running a RP fill farm script, and filling all the tabs, I had a troop return home, and reset all 50 tabs on me, losing my place in my farming script :p~

The incomings overview is another one that severly needs this option, when trying to tag, having landing troops (for those not using a locked panels links in Opera), can cause you to lose your place, and reset your sort scripts.

DeletedUser1312

there is already a script for this but I don't have it right off hand, but I do agree that it would be nice to have it already in the game :)

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]
Code:
javascript:if(timers.length>0){tmptimers=timers;timers=[];}else{timers=tmptimers;}void(0);
[/SPOIL]

There's the script that does what is being requested. As far as the idea goes I see no real need for it with the script but it really wouldn't hurt anything to add it either.

DeletedUser561

[SPOIL]
Code:
javascript:if(timers.length>0){tmptimers=timers;timers=[];}else{timers=tmptimers;}void(0);
[/SPOIL]

There's the script that does what is being requested. As far as the idea goes I see no real need for it with the script but it really wouldn't hurt anything to add it either.

No sorry, this script resets a single tab. I already knew of its existence, but I need some way to prevent page refreshes without clicking an extra script 60 times in a row.

Blanket turn off page refreshes on all tabs for all time until you desire them to be re-enabled will be far better.

DeletedUser

What luna said, if you open up 50 tabs on the rally point are you really going to use the script to freeze 50 tabs, before running your farming or RP fill script?

I also believe where possible, scripts should be abolished, and the purpose of the scripts should be designed into the game. Obviously for some scripts that generate custom views, your not going to be able to implement a simple solution that will make everyone happy, but for those simple scripts to do a simple task (like stopping a refresh), I think they should be designed into the game.

The reality is, there's a huge percentage of the player base who doesn't get into scripts because they just don't understand them, nor do they want to, or they believe they could be harmful to their computer in some way (and let's be honest, some javascripts could potentially be).

DeletedUser

Ah, okay. I missed that part apparently. Just a thought and I haven't tried it but if you ran it on the first page and then opened the rest, would the opened tabs be frozen? Probably not but might be worth a try.

DeletedUser

I've tried it, it doesn't freeze that way, simple because the script is just freezing the timers on the page your on.

DeletedUser

okay, that's sorta what I figured would happen but I hadn't tried it.

DeletedUser561

Sorry to bump this, but could it perhaps be passed on? This seems like such a simple thing to implement, and it remains the single most annoying thing in the game for me when dozens of my tabs keep refreshing themselves.

DeletedUser1313

Personally, I wouldn't agree with this. Yes, when tab farming (or planning a snipe/train) it can become annoying to deal with but for the person back timing it is strategic. The only way I'd suggest this be implemented would be a premium advantage and even then I'd hesitate. I war, I enjoy waring, in early game I clear and often those clears require fighting a skilled player. I want the ability to back time successfully with the belief that done correctly, the player on the other end won't have a chance to dodge.

Back timing is a HUGE war tactic and in that, the auto refresh is a HUGE factor to successful back times.

DeletedUser1328

it doesnt make a change to backtiming..there are easy ways to make the screen not reloading also without that (quick bar scripts, or just go back in the browser history in browsers like firefox) then the page wont reload when the attack arrives...
so this will be no change there
and i like the idea

DeletedUser1313

it doesnt make a change to backtiming..there are easy ways to make the screen not reloading also without that (quick bar scripts, or just go back in the browser history in browsers like firefox) then the page wont reload when the attack arrives...
so this will be no change there
and i like the idea

grrr.... your giving away secrets :icon_eek:

DeletedUser561

You can dodge a 50ms backtime with dozens of attacks landing on the same second and the second before your troops return.

DeletedUser1313

You can dodge a 50ms backtime with dozens of attacks landing on the same second and the second before your troops return.

nope, nor can anyone else. however, as it is right now, if planned correctly, one doesn't need to send 4 or 5 different attacks. (though as a precaution I typically do) :)

DeletedUser

nope, nor can anyone else. however, as it is right now, if planned correctly, one doesn't need to send 4 or 5 different attacks. (though as a precaution I typically do) :)

Actually you can very easily.
Especially using the new Opera, but the reality is, the confirmation screen is just a webpage, written in code, with values written on it.
Open up a confirmation screen viewing the code, change those values to the values of your returning troops in the background, and then click OK at the exact second they arrive home, and it's dodged.

You don't have to deal with refreshes, or trying to put the values of your troops into the rally point, and clicking attack/ok (which would be impossible to do in 50 ms).

PS. I believe in equal opportunity, secrets aren't something I ever really withhold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser73

I believe there is something in the works that should eliminate the need for this particular feature. Setting this as Passed On, as it is an issue that Inno is aware of.

DeletedUser561

I believe there is something in the works that should eliminate the need for this particular feature. Setting this as Passed On, as it is an issue that Inno is aware of.

It's been a year, version 8 was just released and this still hasn't been implemented or the workaround that eliminates the need for this either. Have there been unexpected problems with coding? What's up?