Passed On: Subscribe to Individual Tabs in the IG Forum

DeletedUser974

I would like to be able to subscribe to individual tabs within the tribal forums in the game. Yeah, the little blue star tells me that there are new posts. But I don't always go look right away because if I did, I'd never have a life outside of TW. :D

It would be nice to have this feature so I could subscribe to the support and sitting forums in particular. It would definitely benefit the players who post for assistance.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Even if I refuse the internal forum in general I will support your idea, because I hate these stupid counting threads as well. :p

DeletedUser

What exactly does subscribing do?
Give you an email when there is a post made there?

DeletedUser974

An IGM would be nice, but perhaps making it so that we can adjust the settings so we only get the blue star when the forums we subscribe to have new posts? Or maybe turning the blue star a different color when posts are made to the subscribed forums, and when you've read those then the star would be blue again?

DeletedUser

An IGM would be nice, but perhaps making it so that we can adjust the settings so we only get the blue star when the forums we subscribe to have new posts? Or maybe turning the blue star a different color when posts are made to the subscribed forums, and when you've read those then the star would be blue again?

That would be handy

DeletedUser1314

I like the colour idea posted above. There should be an ability to subscribe to certain threads & then the icon changes colour when a subscribed thread has been posted in & then when you open the forum, the little scroll icon is a different colour, too, to tell you which category contains the updated thread & then when you open the category, the little icon is there again to tell you that it's this thread that has been updated.

A check box next to each thread should be the subscribe button thing. If it's checked, you can see that you're subscribed. If it's unchecked, you can see that you're not subscribed. This single check box serves two purposes:- telling you whether you're subscribed or not & also (un)subscribing you to the thread.

DeletedUser73

Retrieved this quote below from a different thread, which I believe also meets your needs for less blue sun spam.

Personally, I prefer the internal forum but as a Duke of several highly successful tribes, what I'd like is for the writers to create a way of making topics within the forum to be alarmed or not alarmed. As it currently is, any and all posts on the internal creates the little notification alarm on the quick bar (the little blue star/astrick).

Example of Threads I'd alarm:
- Support
- Council Announcements
- Diplomacy

Example of Threads I'd not alarm:
- Archive
- General
- Study Hall (for scripts and other training)
- Introductions

Futhermore, if the writers could make this change and have the time to also make threads inner active to individual players (allowing the tribes forum admins to add a player to a certain "group thread" or... making it so the individual player can select which threads he/she wants to receive alarms from.) in my opinion, the internal forum would become a much better tool.

Laying this out again:
Dukes and Barons can set forums to "Alarmed" (or "Vital"? "Important"?), which governs the displayed notifications about new posts. Alarmed forums give "blue sun" notifications, the others "red sun". "Blue sun", being the "important" and less-used notification option overrides the "red sun" notification on player's menu bar when a post has been made in an "alarmed" forum.

Everyone agreed? ^_^

DeletedUser1328

Dukes and Barons can set forums to ....

i dont agree to this..not the dukes and barons should be able to set this, but every player for himself, because one might be interested in something which someone else isnt...for example when there are 2 big fronts and a player is only interested in the one where he is because the other one is continents away

also there should really be an option to set not only "red sun" / "blue sun" but also no sun at all for some topics, ths is really important^^

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I agree with Typhi.

Its logical for Dukes and Barons to be able to set them, they are the ones leading the tribe. If they want to set support as alarmed or the off topic one (unlikely) it means they value it highly.
I wouldn't encourage the 'no sun' option, sometimes its really hard to get some things done in the forums and if they are able to just close it off, some players wouldn't even bother to look (now too)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@Typhi: (Y)

I could live with this option and it could be implemented more easily.

DeletedUser

i don't aggree at all.

in v7 the blue sun can easy be ignored because of the layout ;)
and it doesn't hurt to read all the spam (headbang)
thereby you get insights to human nature :D
and it will require some discipline by your mates and group dynamic to solve this

DeletedUser1328

Its logical for Dukes and Barons to be able to set them, they are the ones leading the tribe. If they want to set support as alarmed or the off topic one (unlikely) it means they value it highly.
I wouldn't encourage the 'no sun' option, sometimes its really hard to get some things done in the forums and if they are able to just close it off, some players wouldn't even bother to look (now too)

you cant force players to do stuff they dont want...if a player never reads the support forum he will not read it no matter if theres a blue sun or a red or no sun, the dukes cant make him do things like that..
if he doesnt read it and doesnt help at all, they should kick him
but you cant make him do this by "technical" features or whatever, this is just illusion..

i think people are different..one likes to spam and want to see a sun always because he wats to answer the posts and spam too..another one feels disturbed, it really can be annoying to see a sun about each and every post when youre stressed at the moment

or what about the 2 fronts? when you got a "deff south" and a "deff north" part and youre in the north, you know you could never help fast when in the south someone is attacked because your troops would need weeks to go there^^ then this isnt just anything which you want to read immedeately..maybe you have a look over it once a day to be informed a bit, but you dont want to be disturbed by there posts while youre doing important things and dont have time for reading this...

or, some tribes even never use the forum for urgent things, they use skype more if someone is attacked or when they want to make a offensive, and the forum is more for smalltalk and getting to know each other..this also happens often! then someone might want to turn the sun off completely! because he looks in the forum like twice a day and not when something is written there, and if someone wants something they use skype..

i know how annoying the sun can be^^ if you think "no i wont read it now" but you still read it..^^
and, one person can also want to have that different from time to time! when im bored and want to get the "count to 10000000000" thread upwards with 1-2 other people i want to see when something is written there :icon_biggrin:
but when im having a stressed time, when im sending out offs or having a lot of incs, then when people are spamming there its just :& you dont want to click it but when you have 10 seconds nothing to do you click it...even without reading, just to make the sun dissapear!!^^

(there was a script on .de which removed the sun completely^^ and lots of people used it :icon_biggrin: me too^^ but it doesnt work anymore..and its not a perfect solution because like that you even miss very important things^^)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Of course, it would be nice if players could setup everything individually, but please consider that this causes very high server loads as well. So, setting things as important etc. would be a good compromise.

DeletedUser73

also there should really be an option to set not only "red sun" / "blue sun" but also no sun at all for some topics, ths is really important^^

You could choose to ignore the "red sun" as you would a "no sun". :p

you cant force players to do stuff they dont want...if a player never reads the support forum he will not read it no matter if theres a blue sun or a red or no sun, the dukes cant make him do things like that..
if he doesnt read it and doesnt help at all, they should kick him
but you cant make him do this by "technical" features or whatever, this is just illusion..

I don't think you should look at this as a way for the dukes to read topics, but as a way of easing serious players' lives by making it more difficult to miss important information that requires their attention.

DeletedUser1328

You could choose to ignore the "red sun" as you would a "no sun". :p

no :( i explained already why this doesnt work^^

I don't think you should look at this as a way for the dukes to read topics, but as a way of easing serious players' lives by making it more difficult to miss important information that requires their attention.

marcus said that, i only mentioned why this doesnt work
i just mean, what is important differs a lot from player to player...

i dont want to be told to be interested into new players introductions when im not...
or into the offense which starts next week if i cant participate...
or in that shared forum with that little tribe which some might find important...

if the dukes are the ones who decide then only the people who think exactly the same will profit^^
so i think this way it doesnt help a lot

marcus the mad

Reaction score
i dont want to be told to be interested into new players introductions when im not...
or into the offense which starts next week if i cant participate...
or in that shared forum with that little tribe which some might find important...

if the dukes are the ones who decide then only the people who think exactly the same will profit^^
so i think this way it doesnt help a lot

First of all, anybody would be a plain idiot to set introductions as important
The offense is important anyway, you'd want to suppor the ones that ARE able to participate
Again, that could be set as non important

If you join a tribe as a regular member, its quite obvious that the aristocracy is in charge isn't it?

DeletedUser73

Passed on the worked-out variation on unforgiv3n's idea.

Dukes and Barons can set forums to "Alarmed" (or "Vital"? "Important"?), which governs the displayed notifications about new posts. Alarmed forums give "blue sun" notifications, the others "red sun". "Blue sun", being the "important" and less-used notification option overrides the "red sun" notification on player's menu bar when a post has been made in an "alarmed" forum.