Rejected: Screenshot in PM's

DeletedUser

It would be nice if i could send images in pm's not just the link... Screenshoots or lolcats... For flaming or applications...

DeletedUser66

I must agree.

It would be a good idea to be able to include pictures in PMs - rather than just links.

DeletedUser561

As well as having colored text on profiles. A slightly different suggestion, but it is pertaining to BB codes, and many players would want this.

DeletedUser66

Its best you create your own thread for such a suggestion - however, yes - that would be nice.

DeletedUser

i like the picture thing :)
i like sending maps and graphs to others and when you only can send the link and then write some explonations they cant see the picture while reading to understand it better..
please implement!

DeletedUser73

Large images will stretch/break the game template though, I wonder how possible it would be to make it automatically give sized-down versions/thumbnails. I assume that both of these options would be preferable to not having images at all?

DeletedUser1328

yes both would be better
and i dont think it would be a big problem when its too big, in the tribal forum this also can happen when someone posts big pictures, and its not that bad

DeletedUser

Large images will stretch/break the game template though, I wonder how possible it would be to make it automatically give sized-down versions/thumbnails. I assume that both of these options would be preferable to not having images at all?

Two options: Resolutions up to 600x400 stay unscaled (shouldn't "destroy" the layout), everything larger than that is downsized, converted to JPG and saved on the server. Should be pretty easy to code with the PHP GD library!

Maybe make the "downscaling" function only available for PA gamers ;)

DeletedUser895

I dislike the idea of receiving unsolicited spam from people with text, let alone pictures.