Rejected: Revoke research - Spear & Sword

DeletedUser971

Can any one tell me why you can't revoke level 1 spear of sword ? There are 15 points to spend on tech levels but 2 are already "lost" on spear and sword. Wouldn't it be fairer if spear & sword can also be revoked ? :confused:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Spears and swords are always researched on level 1. I think it has been like this since the beginning. ^^

DeletedUser971

I think it has been like this since the beginning. ^^
Yes, I know. But what if I want to try a different strategy ? For example archers/HC. I won't be using spears then so I would like to revoke that research level and spend it on something else. Why not give us the choice to do that ? Using an effective 3 tech levels /15 points research on an archer world is almost impossible with the lose of those 2 points. :(

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Indeed, 15 tech levels in combination with a Pala world is not really a combination, because of the problems you already described. ;)

DeletedUser

Good idea, Im not sure if there is a world like this but you should be able to have Axe, LC, MA, Rams and Cats at Lvl 3

DeletedUser1021

on the Classic system (10-Level-system) [eg.w52] , swords start as not researched

DeletedUser971

undead, you'd post it in the ideas thread^^
This is sort of an idea. :) I would like to have the ability to choose by myself how I want to spend those 15 points, not have already 2 wasted on spear and sword. So I want a change in the system. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser73

Heh, if this system was renamed the '13 slot tech' there wouldn't be any complaints about it. As it stands, that is basically what it allows, with a bias towards the defensive troops. Any change would be tantamount to giving your another slot to play with. Sorry, but this seems to be a request along the same lines as "May I have more barbarians in my 7x7?" :p

DeletedUser

Actually this world is still plausable however it takes much more strategy to play against everyone else, since this type has many ways to play, but certain ones will not work. Therefore You can still play it like another world, but just it finds out who can use less items or more problems they have to use and overcome them, since you dont easily go past everything with no problems.

DeletedUser486

who would want more barbs in their 7x7 D: more actives to farm and get oda from is better :D

DeletedUser561

This really needs to be implemented. It's one of the few remaining flaws in TW. Nobody wants to sit with lvl 1 swords if they're using the HC strategy.

DeletedUser

I once wanted to see it taken away, because I felt for my builds it didn't fit.

But the truth is, in a proper tech world without archers, forcing users to have to use two of their techs (1/1 Spear/Sword), forces them to use tactics when designing their village builds, and that is something this game needs, is a variety of tactics, otherwise, players will find nothing appealing about the game.

DeletedUser971

In a world without archers there wouldn't be a problem to spent those remaining 13 tech points. However since we are playing with archers here it would be nice to be able to use all 15 tech points. With 13 it is almost impossible to build an effective offensive village based on the HC strategy. :(

DeletedUser

In a world without archers there wouldn't be a problem to spent those remaining 13 tech points. However since we are playing with archers here it would be nice to be able to use all 15 tech points. With 13 it is almost impossible to build an effective offensive village based on the HC strategy. :(

I've never seen a tech world with archers before, don't think it was ever intended for that, unless you go to the giant tech system.