Needs Feedback: Request: Provide IDs for relevent HTML DOM Elements

DeletedUser

It would help with script maintenance if missing IDs could be added in the HTML Source.

eg.
http://zz2.beta.tribalwars.net/game.php?village=7795&screen=report&mode=all&view=1630396

A scout report is missing IDs for:
Luck
Morale
Loyalty
Belief
Espionage->Building Levels
Catapult Damage
Ram Damage
etc...

This means scripters have to make assumptions, code in hacks or search for text.
This causes scripts to break after the smallest updates and causes a maintenance nightmare when non-English players run scripts which expect to find English text.

So please, add more IDs in the HTML source.
The report screen is one small example, there are many other screens that need to also be reviewed.

thanks.

DeletedUser

i'm wondering...
are you the same 'dale' , who created some Civilization mods ?

DeletedUser

Again fully support the ID as it just makes sense. Especially considering the many different elements on a report page, which makes one of the most useful scripts ever created, near impossible for most scripters to even begin to fix.. (talking about the report renamer).

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I'm not into scripting, meaning I can alter the easy kind of scripts, but not even begin figuring out what you are talking about.

But considering the loads of flaws I tend to get when entering wrong words (for that I refer to your other post about the dictionary/ID/language), I can see how this would be a major help for the scripters.

DeletedUser

I would find this of great value, I'm not an expert in javascript and I find it very difficult to find ways of locating objects if I can't look at someone elses method.

I think the small amount of additional overhead (slightly larger page size in kb) would be worth it for the benefit to custom scripts.