Implemented: Quickbar Tips

DeletedUser

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=203249

An idea from .net a while back that I thoroughly liked and had forgotten about until someone bumped it today.

When adding quickbar items, add one more field for quickbar tips.
When you hover over a quickbar item, it's display the tip.

It'll be particularly helpful when sitters take your account, and aren't familiar with your quickbar set up.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Very good idea. :)

And not only for sitters. Sometimes I put in some scripts to test them and afterwards I can't remember what they were for. :D

DeletedUser561

That suggestion thread is not about creating tips - it is about making the quickbar shorter by removing text, and making it based on images alone. The alternate text exists in the case where an image fails to load: this allows the player to still make use of the script/link without needing to refresh the page or update it with a new image.

Case example: you have a quickdodge script. In an emergency you go to click the icon, only to realize that the icon has not loaded. If it weren't for alternate text, you'd potentially lose a lot of troops.

But having a tips section per each script additionally to the actual suggestion in that thread would be good too.

DeletedUser

The last part of his initial post was:
Pretty much, I'm just asking for another field when creating a quickbar link. One to add a mouseOver caption to the image/link.

To me that's an addition field for a mouse over caption (or a tool tip)

That said, that is what I am suggesting, an additional field added to each quickbar item set up, which would be your mouse over caption.