Q&D: Question: Flags & PA Increase Production

DeletedUser

OK, just something I was curious about, I don't use the increased production rates through premium points but I was just curious:

Say my timber camp produced 100 resources per hour and I increased the production by 20% as the premium points would allow me, then I would start creating 120 resources per hour.

Then I was wondering what if I activated the resource flag which would increase the resources by another 4%, however would this 4% increase be on the 120 resources per hour or the original production of the timber camp at 100 resources per hour.

The mathematical side of things:

If it went by the flag has an additional 4% on top of the NEW total rate I would be producing around 127.2 resources per hour.
If it went by the flag has an additional 4% on top of the OLD total rate I would be producing around 124 resources per hour.

Alternatively if you activated the flag first, the numbers would look like this:

If the production increase was put in affect after the flag was placed in the village and was calculated on the NEW total rate I would be producing around 124.8 resources per hour.
If the production increase was put in affect after the flag was placed in the village but was calculated on the OLD total rate I would be producing 124 resources per hour. (The same as above).

One of the reasons I asked this is because if I was to ever utilize this feature of increasing production by 20% for premium points I would make sure I activated the premium points increase before the flag increase as it is clearly beneficial.

Please note: I may have done my maths wrong, if so please correct me, thank you.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Production is calculated as follows in this case:

Base production (bp): 100
Premium bonus (pb): 20%
Flag bonus (fb): 4%

total production = bp + (bp*pb/100) + (bp*fb/100)

100 + (100*0,2) + (100*0,04) = 124

So it is independent of what was activated first.

DeletedUser

So it is independed of what was activated first.

Thank you for your maths, and basically I was right saying it's best to make sure you activate the premium point additional resources before applying the flag to the village? Cool. Thank you! +rep.

DeletedUser73

Nope, what Chisum is saying that it doesn't matter which is activated first.