Implemented: Mass Recruit Page Changes

DeletedUser

We've all heard the numerous complaints that scripts make the game unfair to those who don't use them, or scripts are too difficult for the average user to use (Lame).
Well one of the ways to combat this lack of knowledge is to implement something that can remedy a situation where a script is required.

IE. Mass Recruit page.

With 1000 villages, despite it being a pretty page, no one in their right mind is ever going to manually enter all the numbers down the page, especially when they come under attack and there are more important things to do. This is the sort of thing that I consider account maintenance, and personally I'd see it automated if I could (but a few clicks is perfectly good to) so that you could focus on what I consider the meat and potatoes of the game which is strategy, attacking, defending, and such.

Let's create a system, where you enter in the farm space you wish to save, the troops you are aiming for, and press a button to drop the values down throughout the villages, based on the following:

Current Troops in the Village;
Resources Available;
Population Available;
Percentage of Population for each unit type;

Example See exhibit A: (my paint skills are l33t I know)
[spoil]
raxdg7.png
[/spoil]

The picture is a clip from my scout villages.

In a case like this, I want to build to 10,000 scouts as it's my scout group.
I enter in that I'd like to save 100 farm space, and my 10,000 scouts. I have resources to build 206, but only enough population space to build 197, so it enters 197 for that village.
It would go down the page for every village inputing the number, so the user wouldn't have to do it manually, then they'd submit the page.

In essence it'd be a built in mass recruit script (and yes, I used a single unit type because it was much easier than calculating for multiple unit types :p~ )

But I think you all get the gist, and a developer with a better skill set in mathematics than myself would be able to come up with a formula easy enough I'm sure.
Or they could hit up the scripters to help them out as this code is already a part of mass recruit scripts.

But this would eliminate the need for a mass recruit script (personally i'll still use mine as there is still value to those ones that balance based on time to build)

DeletedUser

lol, maybe it could look like this :p

massb.png

;-)
this is a greasemonkey-script for that, in versions where they are allowed ;-)

yes i think it would be a good idea to implement this in the game so that you dont have to use a script...
BUT on the other hand, then everybody would say they only copy the scripts, they "steal" the work and ideas of scripters, and all the scripters and maybe a lot of other people could be angry...

maybe if they talk to the scripter who wrote that script, and pay something to him? :D
because i think the way this script works is really perfect, there is no better and easier and more usefull way, and any other implemention of mass recruiting would be worse..
so maybe then it would be ok if it would be implemented this way?^^

(if it is implemented, i only would like it if you add a field for "maximum time of building queue" so that you can stop it from putting troops in the queue for month, but the rest i would completely leave in the script)

DeletedUser

We aren't allowed grease monkey on .net, but many of the scripts do exact similar things to what your talking about there, taking troop time into consideration.

As for making scripters angry, they only build this stuff because there is a need for it, they'd be more than happy to have it implemented into the game where they'd no longer have to update their scripts when new versions broke them, or trouble shoot them as people use multiple different browsers, and such. A lot of scripters get tired of having to fix the same things over and over again, which is why they seem to disappear when new versions come out.

DeletedUser

I agree there are maybe half a dozen scripts that I think should probably be added ingame due to the fact that everyone uses them and when they break during an update people's accounts get raped. Personally I would prefer such scripts to still be links in the quickbar but maintained by tw to insure they don't break during updates.

DeletedUser

Personally I would prefer such scripts to still be links in the quickbar

why in the quick bar?
why have a link which only works in the mass recruitment page/in the market/... being displayed all the time, taking away your screen place and making it more work to find out the right link you want to click in the quick bar, because there are soo many entries which you all cant use at the moment because you are in the wrong page? ;)

i agree they should be implemented, but not in the quick bar^^
links for the market i only want to see in the market.. :)

DeletedUser1013

I really like this idea, it is also a lot more functional than editing scripts when you add a new group etc.

Would the requirements for that group be a savable thing? So you dont have to re-enter 10000 scouts every-time you want to run it on your scout group?

DeletedUser

I really like this idea, it is also a lot more functional than editing scripts when you add a new group etc.

Would the requirements for that group be a savable thing? So you dont have to re-enter 10000 scouts every-time you want to run it on your scout group?

I like Amisy's addon to be honest, and you could have it save for each group, when you make a new group it's just blank until you edit it and submit it once.

DeletedUser1013

I like Amisy's addon to be honest, and you could have it save for each group, when you make a new group it's just blank until you edit it and submit it once.

Oh yeah, I missed the 'Save' button on aimsy's *facepalm*, great idea by you and execution by aimsy though, I hope this one goes through :)

DeletedUser

why in the quick bar?
why have a link which only works in the mass recruitment page/in the market/... being displayed all the time, taking away your screen place and making it more work to find out the right link you want to click in the quick bar, because there are soo many entries which you all cant use at the moment because you are in the wrong page? ;)

i agree they should be implemented, but not in the quick bar^^
links for the market i only want to see in the market.. :)

My reasoning is because the mass recruit script I use the first click takes you to the mass recruit page, the second click fills it out, and the third click recruits. Personally I like it that way and would prefer to maintain this functionality. If you also want a link on the mass recruit page that's fine, as long as you also have the ability to make it a quickbar item too.

DeletedUser

My reasoning is because the mass recruit script I use the first click takes you to the mass recruit page, the second click fills it out, and the third click recruits. Personally I like it that way and would prefer to maintain this functionality. If you also want a link on the mass recruit page that's fine, as long as you also have the ability to make it a quickbar item too.

Would it really matter all that much if you had to move your mouse a little to click the button? Tell me having it in your quickbar doesn't make or break it for you!

DeletedUser

Make or break, no but I see no reason why there shouldn't be the ability for the user to choose.

DeletedUser73

I've pointed out the GM script amisy showed us to the developers.