Rejected: Mark/Unmark map groups

• Thread starter DeletedUser1049
  • Start date

DeletedUser1049

Map editing for Premium players which allows them to color and mark players or tribes.
While marking a decent number of players or tribes we will get players that fills more then 1 group.
For example: Farm and tribe Y, we are farming a player from tribe Y.
This is gets useful when you mark a decent amount of players/tribes.
So we can make or doble coloring a vilage by group mark or just group select and de-select as was suggested in Village overview groups.
This would also allow players to have more groups marked on their personal maps, use of repeated colors and not confusing groups.
Like some purple and NAP purple.

DeletedUser1013

In principle I really like this idea, though the visual logistics of how it would actually work is what interests me, it would need to be well executed to remain clear and not become messy.

I'lld really like to see some screen-shots of how this would potentially look with multiple colourings, I cant remember if it is aimsy or chisum that normally flies in at this point with some manufactured screenshots to help us all :p

Basically I support the concept of this idea, it would be very useful, for example you tribe has marked someone as allies, but you already have them marked in Pink, you never actually see that your tribe has marked them as allies. So hopefully we can see some ideas of how best to work this, both in the normal map (multiple dots would work quite easily) and the mini-map.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I'm flying in. :p

Could look like this with multiple groups. Generated with a script from .de. ^^

groups_on_map.png

DeletedUser1013

Ah Chisum, my Knight in shining armour :p

Looks good, you said it is done with a script, does the script do anything on the minimap?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Ah Chisum, my Knight in shining armour :p

Looks good, you said it is done with a script, does the script do anything on the minimap?

Changes in the minimap with a script would be possible of course, but are a little bit difficult, because the minimap is one big graphic / bitmap, which is generated only once per hour for performance reasons as far as I remember.

Honestly it is also a problem to show multiple colors for a village in the minimap. The dots for a village are already quite small and must be splitted. I'm afraid that they would become to small then to see something.

What I could imagine for it is to have a select box, where you can choose, which group shall be shown in the minimap. Not very handy of course as well, but could be a solution to handle multiple groups for a village. But this means also that the minimpa must be generated each time you change the group selection for it.

DeletedUser1013

I guess the minimap isn't so important, but if you have multiple markings per village on the map, it would be good to have a way to also 'prioritize' which one of those multiple markings would be represented on the mini map. That way the mini map wouldnt really need to be messed around with at all.

Given that, I like this idea and also the graphical format that chisum has presented, it gets my vote.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Not very nice actually, but would be possible as well. ^^

groups_on_map1.png

DeletedUser1013

Well the symbols are more for your own groups, I think the intention of this suggestion is for markings of other players and tribes villas

DeletedUser1049

yes more like the 1st screener.
:)
multiple coloring so understand more clearly the map.
that was 1 option adding multiple colors to villages, the other might be mark/unmark group, this last would work better on mini map.

@chisum: ty for the SS.. :p
@Lost Dose: thnks for supporting

DeletedUser1013

:) You are welcome, it's a great idea, thanks for coming up with it!

DeletedUser

In theory a good idea but how would you display it on the minimap? For me personally that would be of bigger concern as it give you the "bigger" picture.

DeletedUser1049

In theory a good idea but how would you display it on the minimap? For me personally that would be of bigger concern as it give you the "bigger" picture.

this is why i say: mark/unmark would work better.
Mark the ones to show and some map reload button.
that would refresh like when you add a new group to you marks

DeletedUser

this is why i say: mark/unmark would work better.
Mark the ones to show and some map reload button.
that would refresh like when you add a new group to you marks

isnt what you want already in the game?
you can have a player in different groups, and then, when you only want to see on of these groups on the map, and the other one not, you can change these checks before the groups to say which shall be displayed and which not, without having to delete the group
and the map is updated them automatically when clicking "save"

649247-952010103037pm.png

link to the picture: http://1.2.3.10/bmi/1.2.3.13/bmi/www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/649247-952010103037pm.png

sorry if it isnt, then i didnt get what you mean..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1049

@amisy can't see your picture.
:/

maptype.jpg

that is some random map type (sorry my skillz on paint suck.. ) :D

but this would give the idea.

DeletedUser

this is what is already in the game, just with one click more ;)
when you are on the map and click "manage groups" then you got these boxes before the group names at the bottom, there you can make the checks and the "save" button works as your "reload map" button would work :)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Yes, it is, but I think the main point is to see the multiple groups without activating and de-activating the checkboxes for a village in the big map. ;)