Rejected: Improved Merchants

• Thread starter DeletedUser1013
  • Start date

DeletedUser1013

In real life, a merchant in his home town wouldn't need 'Wood' and be unable to go a 'Pick some up.' They also didn't used to deliver resources then come home empty handed, what a waste that would be! They would deliver goods and then bring others home.

However at present in Tribal Wars, merchants are unable to go to other villages you own to pick up resources.

We all know just how much population space markets waste, hence having strategic market towns is if great importance, but their effectiveness is undermined by the fact that it is a one way deal, they can only deliver.

My suggestion is that merchants are given the capability to either deliver one type of resource and bring another home, or simply to go to another village you own and bring some resources home on top of what they can already presently do.

This would only relate to your own villages, whilst possible to make it an extra option on external trading, it would over complicate things I feel.

DeletedUser1021

Merchants return empty handed for one main reason
the village you traded with could have gotten farmed and the resources that you ordered may not be there at the time of
your merchants arriving.
To protect your goods from this, the target village delivers the resources.

Think of your merchants like the post/mail-man, he does not pick up mail from your house, just delivers it to you.:D

DeletedUser1013

Merchants return empty handed for one main reason
the village you traded with could have gotten farmed and the resources that you ordered may not be there at the time of
your merchants arriving.
To protect your goods from this, the target village delivers the resources.

Think of your merchants like the post/mail-man, he does not pick up mail from your house, just delivers it to you.:D

You could easily set the option to be 'Pick up, UP TO 10,000 clay', thus if the resources arent there then he brings none home, if they are there then he brings them home.

Why would you think of merchants as post-men? They are merchants.....so..... lets think of them as, well I don't know...... maybe?..... merchants!!! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1021

You could easily set the option to be 'Pick up, UP TO 10,000 clay', thus if the resources arent there then he brings none home, if they are there then he brings them home.
So a merchant that makes a trade but is happy if the resources (or even the village owner(nobled)) isn't there when he arrives ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1013

So a merchant that makes a trade but is happy if the resources (or even the village owner(nobled)) isn't there when he arrives ?

Yes, he will be perfectly 'Happy' if the resources aren't there, if the villages have been nobled then obviously the pick up would be cancelled.

P.s. I am not sure if you are aware of constructive critisism, try offering solutions to potention problems you see as opposed to bitching.

DeletedUser1021

Your sugestion is that of ,
one players own merchant to deliver goods to a village and then picks up the traded goods?
or to deliver goods,(while the traded player also delivers good to you) and upon arrival at the village another trade is made where he can pick up more goods ?

sorry if you think I'm bitching :( but your post is unclear.