Rejected: Group Attacks?

DeletedUser

This is going to be hard to put into words so please bare with me.

OK, so as you know you can group your villages and send out attacks and can see what is being sent out from that group, e.g;
You select Group 56-O (K56 offensive) and then you click "Commands" it shows you all attacks going out/returning from K56-O.

I had another idea, can you group attacks, e.g;
You go to 56-O and send out your farming raids, and then you go to 57-O and send out the farming raids there, however you want to view both sets of farming raids without viewing outgoing defensive troops/nukes and so on.

So in other words, the idea is you can group attacks, so you send out an attack then you can group it into "Farming" which you then go to "Commands" then you select "Farming" this will show you ALL of your farming attacks, saving you the trouble of going through each set of groups attacks.

I guess you could kind of say it's like a replacement for re-naming, but only for outgoing commands, not incoming attacks.

I believe this would link in well with this idea; http://forum.beta.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=954[/COLOR]

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Hmmm....

Isn't this already possible by switching between the screens for attack, support and returning troops in the command overview??? Or don't I understand your idea?

DeletedUser

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say.

Say I have 100 villages, I farm with 20 villages in K45, and 20 villages in K46.

I want to see them both in the commands overview, but I don't want to see all the out-going support, or nukes, I want to see just the farm runs.

Therefore I want to group attacks. :D

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Okay... and how shall the script decide about what is a farm run, what is a regular offensive etc.?

How about making a seperate group 'farming', switch to the comamnds overview and select the attack screen? This would already show you all the farm troups except you use this group for real offenses as well. ;)

DeletedUser1021

I understand what you are saying but I think an easier way to do this rather than groups,
is to be able to rename your outgoing attacks/supports (like what can be done for incomings).
You would then be able to change the name from 'Attack' to 'Farm' or 'Clearing'
'Support' to whatever you have sent ' bonfirePally+2k cats' , '1k HC' , 'DV'.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Renaming needs to much time. Radio buttons or check boxes would be more handy in this case. :)

DeletedUser

Okay... and how shall the script decide about what is a farm run, what is a regular offensive etc.?

How about making a seperate group 'farming', switch to the comamnds overview and select the attack screen? This would already show you all the farm troups except you use this group for real offenses as well. ;)

Because I never asked for a script. It's like when you group your villages, just group your outgoings which have LC in them for farming.

For those who are colour blind or struggle to read my text;
[spoil]Because I never asked for a script. It's like when you group your villages, just group your outgoings which have LC in them for farming.[/spoil]

I understand what you are saying but I think an easier way to do this rather than groups,
is to be able to rename your outgoing attacks/supports (like what can be done for incomings).
You would then be able to change the name from 'Attack' to 'Farm' or 'Clearing'
'Support' to whatever you have sent ' bonfirePally+2k cats' , '1k HC' , 'DV'.

I do that, but with the link I sent, I would find it quicker and more effective to just have a "Farm" group of attacks :)

[spoil]I do that, but with the link I sent, I would find it quicker and more effective to just have a "Farm" group of attacks :)[/spoil]

Renaming needs to much time. Radio buttons or check boxes would be more handy in this case. :)

You have just contradicted yourself. :p

[spoil]You have just contradicted yourself. :p[/spoil]

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Not really. ^^

It should just show sir gramps how I would solve it as a faster / easier solution in comparison to renaming outgoing attacks in the way you do it for incoming attacks actually, because checkboxes or radio buttons behind a command will need only one click instead of two. :D

P.S: Thanks for the spoilers :D

DeletedUser

on the Rally point we have two buttons
that could be enlarged
[Farm][Attack][Support]

and [Scout][Fake] maybe

with separate symbols in commands and reports

DeletedUser

on the Rally point we have two buttons
that could be enlarged
[Farm][Attack][Support]

and [Scout][Fake] maybe

with separate symbols in commands and reports

I love this idea, farm, scout and fake are all obviously attacks, but only you would know and it allows you to track each in their own.

Then when reports come through it would be labeled "Fake"/"Farm"/"Scout" which would make our premium player lives so much easier.

<3 Thanks for adding to this idea. (Y)

For those who are colour blind or struggle to read;
[spoil]I love this idea, farm, scout and fake are all obviously attacks, but only you would know and it allows you to track each in their own.

Then when reports come through it would be labeled "Fake"/"Farm"/"Scout" which would make our premium player lives so much easier.

<3 Thanks for adding to this idea. (Y)[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Again, how does the system determine it's a farm run, and not an attack?

I don't think you can hardcode an idea like this that will be satisfactory for al players. Some use pure LC for raiding players, and taking low troop counts down, for their speed, not really a farm run but would get classed this way. Or people dodging incoming attacks, would have numerous farm runs out there, even though they aren't farming, they are dodging.

DeletedUser

Then how is this automated, and why can't they do it now, just click rename, and rename it?

DeletedUser

I think what they are saying is to have a system where the player can input their individual builds and the names.

DeletedUser

This idea here is to be able to choose a grouping for the attack on the rally point so it can be viewed in a different screen on the commands page?

Wouldn't the easy solution for this be add a new type of attack button, along with Attack and Support, there's a Farm button.
And any attack sent out via the Farm button could be viewed under Commands - Farming, and seperate from attacks sent out as Attack.

Similarly, we could add a Fakes button, and then the attack could be renamed Fake at the same time, as well as be viewed under Commands - Fakes.
So when you click on Commands - Attacks, you only see the commands sent with the attacks button.

I think this would solve both requests, and make things a little easier when viewing commands.
I just wonder if we're trying to ask for niceties that may confuse the average user here?

DeletedUser

this would confuse every new player a lot :D because then noone will understand wheres the difference between farming and attacking a village, if the only difference is the name of the command^^
everybod would ask "what happens if i send an attack on my farms to farm them? and what happens if i send an farm attack on someone with troops where i want to clean the village? does this have any bad effect? what does the troops do different, maybe if you send a farm attack the troops will not fight as good, or if you send an attack then they bring no ressources?" :D:D haha^^