Rejected: Game Changer

DeletedUser

So I'm noticing more and more that later in a world people tend to become more worried about keeping inactive account's villages within the tribe. It gets so bad at times that is all anyone does across the whole world. I would like to suggest that when a player deletes his account that his villages go back to 1500 pts instead of staying as large sized barbs. I think this would get people to stop eating so many inactives and get people back to playing the game. Thoughts?

DeletedUser

no..
you still would have to noble them because in late-game it can be horrible if the enemy starts to go inside your save-area by nobling them
and then you just have to build up more which can be really annoying if you got a big account and shall build up many many villages from so small

DeletedUser

That's a fallacy hohe.
You don't have to noble barbs, and you shouldn't.
You should dominate your areas through control, and focus on active player targets.

The trap that tribes fall into is believing they need to noble out every single barbarian village in order to protect themselves.
Early game, the best defense is a strong offense, the best players often backtime their way to success.
Late game is the exact same thing, the best defense is a strong offense, if your constantly harassing a players main villlages, they aren't going to make effective use of those crappy barbs, plus the reason those barbs are troublesome, is because they aren't small enough to ignore.

+1 to this idea, as long as the idea is laid out better.

I've personally suggested this numerous times on .net threads.

I envision it as in the first 3 months, barbs grow to the set size the server mandates (1000 pts, 3000 pts, whatever barbs grow to). This allows for early game farming and success.
Then after that barbs slowly fall into ruin, and demolish themselves back to 100 pts (or a very low number), which promotes farming of players, and player interaction.

This would include, any villages that became abandoned through deletion, or punishment, they would slowly degrade down to the barbarian size.

I believe attacking players is the heart & soul of the game, it's the ideals that the game was founded on, I don't believe it was ever the intention that the world would turn into whou could last the longest nobling abandoned villages. Such an idea as this would cause worlds to close faster, as there'd be less villages nobled overall, likely causing many players to play longer than they currently do now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1275

I gotta say No on this one:

If a player goes barb that means you kicked him out of the game, so you can now easily conquer the villages.
Also, if a player in your tribe goes barb you want to keep those villages inside your tribe, the territory etc.
Making them all go barb will make massive barb spots on the map with 1500 points, making the space useless.
I get you guys in early game want this, but endgame is a hell.

DeletedUser

if in later game the enemy has lots of barbs in their save area no matter how big they are, its a strategy to noble one or some in the middle and put lots of deff into it and then attack with very short walking durations

and thats a reason why you have to noble them if you dont want to have the enem in your save, of course its not fun and sometimes really annoying
but thats why you have to no matter if they are 10k or 1.5k
and if its 1.5k its just even more annoying

so do we want features to annoy the players^^

DeletedUser1021

Barbs grow to a set size per world, so IMO when a player turns barb.
Thier vills should start demolishing themselves back down to that level.

DeletedUser

if in later game the enemy has lots of barbs in their save area no matter how big they are, its a strategy to noble one or some in the middle and put lots of deff into it and then attack with very short walking durations

and thats a reason why you have to noble them if you dont want to have the enem in your save, of course its not fun and sometimes really annoying
but thats why you have to no matter if they are 10k or 1.5k
and if its 1.5k its just even more annoying

so do we want features to annoy the players^^

Again, there's two mindsets on that.
90% of tribes out there think they have to noble out every barbarbian village, so their enemy can't take them, in turn they waste their nobles, and don't have the nobles to remove their enemies. The only tribe that has closed a world on .net, did it through ignoring those barbs, and focusing on the enemy only.

The only worlds near closing, are a very similar situation if you look at the maps, there are tons of barbarian villages, they just aren't bothering to take, because if you remove the enemy, he's not there to be a thorn in your side.

Again, take it to the enemy, and he'll be too busy to try to harass you with small noble platforms deep in your territory.
And if he does take 1 village in your core, and stack it with 20 Defense, all you need to do is stack 10 villages around it wiht 2 defense each to render it ineffective. If he does manage to take a village off of you, take it back. Keep some D in the area, wipe out his train, and that village is now useless for a week while it rebuilds the nuke.

I personally am looking for a game that long term, doesn't involve me having to noble out large amounts of boring abandoned villages, I think most late gamers would agree, or those who have quit because of hte bordeom would agree. Degrading barbs, is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1275

In most tribes barb nobling is considered to be a noob action.
But if a barb is 9k points then they will take them.

The rule is good as it is!

DeletedUser

if he does 1 time ok, but if he doees it 20 times or a 100 times, then how to deff all these villages?
then your nice front is gone

on most old words (de) barbs are gone, maybe the problem somewhere else is too many generated barbs, why generate so many?
and even on old worlds where the barbs didnt grow at all the barbs are gone, what does this show? you need to noble them even if they are small

DeletedUser

if he does 1 time ok, but if he doees it 20 times or a 100 times, then how to deff all these villages?
then your nice front is gone

on most old words (de) barbs are gone, maybe the problem somewhere else is too many generated barbs, why generate so many?
and even on old worlds where the barbs didnt grow at all the barbs are gone, what does this show? you need to noble them even if they are small

All it shows is that there are a ton of people out there doing it wrong, and that people as a society tend to take the easy paths in life, when in reality, the biggest most fulfilling gains in life, are accomplished by not shying away from the difficult path.

Do you really think that a player nobling 2K's away from their cluster, and stacking 1 village is going to be that much of a hassle to you? They can't take and hold your villages, so who cares? Let them waste their resources by delving deep, while you hit them head on.

DeletedUser

All it shows is that there are a ton of people out there doing it wrong, and that people as a society tend to take the easy paths in life, when in reality, the biggest most fulfilling gains in life, are accomplished by not shying away from the difficult path.

Do you really think that a player nobling 2K's away from their cluster, and stacking 1 village is going to be that much of a hassle to you? They can't take and hold your villages, so who cares? Let them waste their resources by delving deep, while you hit them head on.

That's exactly my thoughts AYK. This feature would keep people actually playing against one another instead of spending all their time eating large point barbs. If they want to waste their time and resources taking a 1.5k barb then that's fine by me cause if an enemy village pops up around me then I nuke the piss out of it. Nothing I like better then hitting a stacked village with no walls as I know I'm killing troops at a premium. Plus I think by implementing this feature it would speed up worlds considerably which I think the extreme lengths of a world is what is hurting inno the most in keeping players.