Needs Feedback: drawing on the map

DeletedUser

i suggest that you can draw on your map

this could be usefull to mark some borders, like noble borders with other tribes or farm borders
also you could mark areas and so on and so on...
i think it could be very usefull and would be worth also if its complicated to implement

what do you think?

DeletedUser

Would it save this information on the server, or on your own system? (on your own system, it'd be key'd to a specific computer).
What limitations would there be to being able to draw / add information to the map? If it's open, you run the risk of mass amounts of data having to be stored.

I'm not really clear on the limitations of the suggestion, so I can't really say if I like the idea or not. I can see some practical application for it, yet considering how one normally views the map, in very small sections, being able to draw/write on the map may have little significance.

DeletedUser

it would save it on the server because if not then you couldnt see it if you login from another computer...

and the limitations?
mhh, pa only of course, and more..i dont know
if a limitation would really be needed, maybe it could be made like: you can make as many drawings (=lines or so^^) as you have villages plus 10
then not all the thousands of players in the beginning of a world could use it to draw hundreds of pictures each just for fun, but it would still be usefull..and in later game when not so many players are left you could make a lot of marking for example to mark the whole front etc

OR the tribe leaders should get the option to mark borders on the map which will be seen by the whole tribe, this is a bit worse as you then coulndt make private markings for yourself, but it would be much less data to safe and also really usefull for noble borders and so on

DeletedUser

The problem is that this would be exclusive to browser versions

IE >= 9.0
FF >= 3.6
Chrome >= 7 (I think?)
Opera >= 10.5 (-,,-)

because all the other versions don't have the canvas feature, and supporting those would mean that the server has to handle all the drawing requests.

If it was implemented, the most efficient way of storing the information would be vector drawing support (drawing lines, circles and bezier arcs).