Implemented: dock village list to the side

DeletedUser1328

i have an idea
the little window with all your villages in it where you can change the window could get an option to dock it to the game so its always there...

there you can click the link to dock it:

[SPOIL]
docklink.png
[/SPOIL]

and then it looks like that:

[SPOIL]
listwm.png
[/SPOIL]

(i know it makes more sense when you got more than one village haha :p )

so then you would always see your village list while playing and could jump to different villages with only 1 click without first clicking on the link to open the village list..

it would give a better overview where you are and a faster village change..
and as typical screens has much space free at the side..i think that would be cool
opinions please!

DeletedUser561

Would be nice, but in the same frame. Separate frames suck :(

DeletedUser1313

this is much the same idea of the dockable notebook idea (see notebook suggestion) and.. if the code is written for one, it shouldn't be too difficult for the other(s).

I'd support this idea and make one little addition.

If a window was docked with the village list, I'd suggest the group assignment also be shown. This way, you'll know immediately if its a defense or offense village.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I wouldn't like that, because I don't use the standard width of 840px and this docked village list wouldn't have enough space. Otherwise it would cover the normal content.

DeletedUser

i like it thats cool :)
and only who like it can use it, the others just dont have to dock it as i understand ^^

DeletedUser1275

I would love this, when having more then 10 villa's this gets extremely handy

DeletedUser

This would be great, makes navigation so much quicker when you've got a lot of villages and are flicking between a number of them

DeletedUser

*push again, i think this is just a fantastic idea and would help so much to get a better overview

DeletedUser

Well... I also like it :)

// but not if it looks like that... the "Dock" link is awful at the moment

DeletedUser73

Nah, not 7.1.
7.1 will be mainly bug and performance fixes.

Passing this on now

DeletedUser1754

cool :) but how can you use it? or is it not live yet on beta?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
It doesn't work like the dockable notebook. Just open the village list, put it somewhere on your screen and it will be open untill you close it again.

DeletedUser1754

hmm, i wouldnt actually say that this is implemented then.. (think) its like 50% implemented, but this it does not fullfill completely yet what the idea was..

and i actually dont think that it is really good the way like it is now working in firefox (if that was how it is intended and how it should stay), because on the one hand, for leaving it always open its not perfect (is always in the way, irritates because it loads later than the page and so pops up where befor was nothing, and so on...)
and on the other hand, when you dont want to leave it open, its now annoying too! because when you just want to switch to another village fast, then you open the village list, click on the village...and then have to close the village list again, so its always still there after switching villages, even if you dont want that