Implemented: Deactivate map context menu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yes, that would be a good idea for the people who hate the context menu.

DeletedUser73

Hm, I'll agree that it takes some getting used to, but once you're passed that stage it wins in terms of efficiency in just about every way. Why don't you like it?

DeletedUser

i like the context menu! That was a good update. but i can understand that some people don't like it, because they want for example to farm quickly

DeletedUser73

Before:
Middle Click Village > Load Village Screen > Click Send Troops > Rally Point

After:
Click Village > Middle Click Send Troops > Rally Point

It's the same amount of steps, minus the village screen load and a lot less mouse movement. ^_^

DeletedUser

before: middle click village, middle click other village, etc and then on every tab do what you said
after: click village > middle click send troops > click somewhere random > click next village > middle click send troops > click somewhere random > etc and then on every tab do what you said

and that is more clicking :rolleyes:, but there is my idea for.

DeletedUser

before: middle click village, middle click other village, etc and then on every tab do what you said
after: click village > middle click send troops > click somewhere random > click next village > middle click send troops > click somewhere random > etc and then on every tab do what you said

and that is more clicking :rolleyes:, but there is my idea for.

Umm actually, if your just trying to send troops it's the same number of steps, just as Typhi stated.
You don't need to click off the village before clicking a new village.

However, if your someone who likes the village overview, and wants to see the last few reports before sending a farming run.
You've now got an extra step thrown in there, in having to click a village to pop open the context menu.

DeletedUser974

I hate the thing because I like to right-click and open new tabs, and now I can't do that. :(

DeletedUser

You know you can right click on the context menu buttons right? (or if your using opera use your mousewheel button or hold ctrl/shift and click the button) all of those will open it into a background tab.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
One of 'our' devs already confirmed on .DE that they are working on it. Just give them some time to work on it. ;)

DeletedUser

What are we working on? The context menu is finished in total, we are just making sure that when clicking on a village not belonging to you, it wont re-arrange the icons, they should always stay in the same spot.

Adding a deactivate option for this feature wont be possible. There is another big change coming as well, deactivating it wont be possible either. :p They are simply stuff you have to get used to with a few days of clicking and seeing. =)

DeletedUser

we are just making sure that when clicking on a village not belonging to you, it wont re-arrange the icons, they should always stay in the same spot

can you clarify what this means?
When you click on an enemy village, or barb village, it's not going to open the context menu?

DeletedUser

When you click on an enemy village, or barb village, it's not going to open the context menu?

No, he just told you, that the different icons form the context menu are always staying at the same place for these villages. The context menu still opens for every village if you click on it.

There is another big change coming as well
Can you let slip some informations about that? (happy)

<--- inquisitive (mm)

DeletedUser

Umm actually, if your just trying to send troops it's the same number of steps, just as Typhi stated.
You don't need to click off the village before clicking a new village.

However, if your someone who likes the village overview, and wants to see the last few reports before sending a farming run.
You've now got an extra step thrown in there, in having to click a village to pop open the context menu.

I likes the village overview :)

DeletedUser

No, he just told you, that the different icons form the context menu are always staying at the same place for these villages. The context menu still opens for every village if you click on it.

That was the clarification I was looking for, I read it entirely wrong, and in reading back, I must have read over it too quickly the first time.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.