Implemented: Configurable calculator for walking duration (incomings)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The build-in calculator for the walking duration is quite nice, but I would prefer to have it configurable, because it saves a lot of time if you have many incomings.

I would suggest the following information that can be activated to be shown:

- troop type
- coordinates of the origin village
- landing time with ms
- player name
- attack id
- start time of the attack based on the selected troop type
- return time of the attack based on the selected troop type
- village name

Another option would be not to use check boxes in the settings, but to use placeholders, so everybody can make the order of the information he prefers.

Most of the information are already available and the return and start time can be calculated easily. :)

DeletedUser1013

Honestly, I have read it a few times, but am a little confused, guess I didnt want to seem like the idiot that didn't understand :p

I can't find this built in calculator (shame on me) where is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
This one. ;)

lzr1.png

DeletedUser1013

Ah ok,

Though out of these things, are the bold ones not already shown above?;

- troop type
- coordinates of the origin village
- landing time with ms
- player name

- attack id
- start time of the attack based on the selected troop type
- return time of the attack based on the selected troop type
- village name

And I believe that using attack ID's is now considered illegal on .net server is it not?

Start time of the attack would be ok.

But return time of the attack I am not sure about, I like the maths part of the game and enjoy working out back-time times, knowing that lazy people won't and that is one thing that will make me better, so i am unsure on that.

Though this is most of your idea that I feel is not needed or I don't agree with, which leads me to suspect that maybe I haven't totally understood it as most of your ideas I love

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Actually only the troop type, player name and continent are shown. Not very helpful information except the troop type. ;)

DeletedUser1013

OK I am finally with you, you are talking about what it will rename the command, rather than what is shown on that page.

I will say that I do think attack ID usage is now considered illegal, and I don't like the idea of people being given back-time (return time) of troops so easily, but yes I support this idea for those who don't have scripts to perform this function,

Scripts are great, but i don't like the imbalance in the game it causes for those who know where to get good scripts and those who don't, this would offer a more 'level playing field'

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Ok, return time is not really necessary. This is very easy to calculate without the usage of technical devices like pocket calculators etc. ^^

The usage of attack ID's is still allowed on .de, maybe on other servers as well.

DeletedUser

im fully satisfied with the gm-script that does that :D:D

no, but yeah your right some things of this could be implemented...

but..i also dont think that soo many players would use this, and would really configurate it..

(as lots of players dont even know where this whole thing is.. ;) thats also why i think the possible walking duration should be shown at once and not when clicking "show possible.." ^^
and the "edit"s should also be opened all at once, and not when clicking^^ just my opinion, because these are senseless clicks to make^^)

so i would say that you neednt be able to make the inc name individual as you said, but maybe that could be improved

the question is, when do you need the information in the inc name?
in the incoming overview? or in the rally point/village overview?

- troop type is already in the name, and everybody needs it (no need to make this individual)
- coordinates of the origin village should be implemented as standart, i think, as the village name is already in it, and this doesnt help a lot when the villages of the enemy are all called the same^^
- landing time with ms no need to implement this in the incs name, this should be shown in the time after the name^^
- player name dont think you really need this in the village overview/rally point, and in the overview it already stands there
- attack id er...dont know^^
- start time of the attack based on the selected troop type in my opinion, this should not stand in the inc name, but in the "show possible walking duration" table, for every troop type, because it can be helpfull to decide which troops come, when you havent been online or so..best would be if it would show "sent 0:00:35 ago" for every unit, i mean with the time that would have been gone since he sent the attack if it would be this unit type^^ and not only a fix time (or maybe even both :) )
- return time of the attack based on the selected troop type not necessary i think
- village name is already in it

DeletedUser

I don't think it is needed because you have scripts for this and they are free and found easily in the public forums.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The scripts are quite nice, but the problem on .DE for example is that many of the scripts need external requests. But these external requests are strictly forbidden on .DE ;)

DeletedUser

The good thing about the scripts is that you configure them outcome in any way you want.
I believe that if it will be part of the ingame calulator it will be less flexible and i guess everyone like it differently...

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think I will need some more feedback here to get it passed on. ^^

DeletedUser73

Well the coords are now included in the name at least. :)