Not a bug: [Account Manager] Troop manager not saving.

DeletedUser

1. Summary of the issue (title of the post)
    Troop manager settings not saving
  2. Overview of the bug (description):
    No matter how many times I set it, my troop manager it refusing to save. It will keep the template "on" for around 10-20 minutes, and then when I go back to check, no troops are being produced, and then the template is no longer set on the village. I had a template actually stay on for a day, but not a single troop was produced under it.

3. Steps to reproduce:
    Not sure.. Just create a template and set it in AM? Check it again later?
  4. Reproduction rate (Every time? Sometimes?):
    Everytime.

5. Browser and Version:
    Opera 11

6. Visual Reference if available (Screenshot) please put them in a spoiler.:
  7. Player name and market for rewards:
    The Brick Wall - .net

DeletedUser

Would be nice to know in which village it occurs, what troops you had in this village and which goal you set for the Troop Manager in this village.

It might also be helpful to upgrade Opera to the newest version as Opera 11 is really old.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm aware Opera 11 is old, but it's the version that supports hotkeys and macros, as I use the T-Train method for a 50ms noble gap.

As for the villages, it's all of them. The defensive one isn't saving at all. Co-ords are as followed:

498|324 - Offensive. 8209 axes, 100 scouts, 2500 light cav, 250 Mounted Archers, 252 rams, 10 catapults. 5k/5k/5k buffer, 2981 farm buffer.
498|323 - Defensive. 11002 spears, 3003 swords, 4002 archers, 502 heavy cav, 5k/5k/5k buffer, 2981 farm buffer.
495|326 - Offensive. Same as above.

These templates are saved. I have a theory that it could be due to insufficient research, and am in the current state of fully researching in the smithy, so bare with me. If it still occurs, there's something more here.

DeletedUser

Alright. With full research, it seems to have saved. By the looks of it, the templates are attempting to create troops that aren't researched, and then are removing themselves from the current village. To combat this, you'll need to have Research Manager on, or manually research all troops required in the actual template.

There's no indication here that you're required to have full research, as well as no indication as to why the template was removed.

Possible addition after a fix is implemented: Include a warning when you set a template that not all units are researched in the village, and have the template avoid any and all productions of said troops until research has been completed.

Alternate: Don't allow the template to be saved with unresearched troops.

=Edit=
This is speculation. I have two villages now with full research, and only one is acting on the template. Not sure what's actually going on now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Figured it out. Once the troop manager breaches the farm buffer it automatically deactivates. Understand that completely now.

DeletedUser

Both is intended that the Troop Manager stops when the farm space is reached and not all troops are researched yet so this would be a change request but is not a bug.