Implemented: Using jQueryUI autocomplete for player and tribe names

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
http://jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/#multiple-remote

I think this idea is self-explaining if you follow the link above and use the string "itt" for the search. ^^

Could be used ecspecially in circular mails, where typos are very annoying if you have to search them in a longer line with many player names. Can be used in many different screens as well of course. ;)

DeletedUser

In principle I like the idea, however I would be concerned about potential performance impact.

It is worth knowing that there is a server overhead of providing this feature. Each time you type a new letter an ajax request is sent that returns all possible matches.

Additionally, normally these type of fields only accept a single query value, whereas the current mail form can accept multiple player names.

Maybe add a new box on the mail form that allowed you to search for a player and then press an 'add' button to insert it into the Receipient field.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Within the script you can set up minimum charcters that have to be entered before the request is made. Also it is possible to limit the query results. ;)

DeletedUser

Fair point - I also now realise that I was wrong about working for multiple values - the example you sent shows this working like a treat.

Ooopsey :icon_biggrin:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Nobody likes it? :(

Would like to see this also for the transfer feature of PP's to avoid transfering them to the wrong player, because of a small typo in the players name. ^^