Q&D: Version 8.17 discussion thread

DeletedUser

The new achievements while looking nice and having a fancy progress bar lost an important feat - your actual standing at the moment.

For example daily awards on 8.16 and before would show on mouse hover the current record and your achivement to the moment. These seem to be gone from new Achievement design.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
It is visible inside the progress bar: the first number is your current achievement and the second number is the current record.

DeletedUser

It is visible inside the progress bar: the first number is your current achievement and the second number is the current record.

Checked on Chrome and it's indeed visible there. But nothing shows up on Opera:

tw_award_prog.jpg

DeletedUser

Another thing (not a bug, more of suggestion):

The new report deletion feature has max store period of 24 months and it's a global setting.

Would it be possible to:

- Create a possibility of per folder setting (or per folder override) to have different storage periods for different types of reports
- Add an "indefinite" store option

One of the reasons for it is farming reports. Once the acc is developed and area is stable barbs tend to not change. On w64 my farming reports are almost a year old and in fact I didn't plan to ever refresh them as there's not real reason for it. At the same time hundreds if not thousands of player attack reports stored from different ops have long lost their actual usage and indeed would be perfect target for auto-purge after a month or so.

DeletedUser

• points and rank now update immediately instead of ~hourly

*thumbs up*
  • Renamed awards to achievements

Okay, so awards are now achievements? Is that a global change?

• Easily accessible via new "Profile" option in the main menu

The "Profile" option is a good idea, but not really necessary for worlds without awards - or "achievments".

• moved "Logout" and "Notebook" to the bottom menu

I don't like this change, but I think that only needs time...

• new main menu options: "Map" (removed from beside the village link) and "Profile".

• "Profile" lets you view and edit your profile, manage friend/ignore lists and access your achievements

• improved quest completion: shows your reward, and shows resource rewards being granted

Good change.

All in all a good update, BUT I think not all players will like the changes in the main/bottom menu...

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
- Create a possibility of per folder setting (or per folder override) to have different storage periods for different types of reports

Nice idea. ^^

- Add an "indefinite" store option

This is something that will not be done, I am afraid, because it is one of the goals of this feature to reduce the number of stored reports in general. Having this option would mean that we will not reach this goal as players would use it only instead of selecting a realistic storing time.

Okay, so awards are now achievements? Is that a global change?

It is global, but it finally depends on the translation your Community Manager selects for it.

DeletedUser

This is something that will not be done, I am afraid, because it is one of the goals of this feature to reduce the number of stored reports in general. Having this option would mean that we will not reach this goal as players would use it only instead of selecting a realistic storing time.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Then per folder setting that would default to what player set in his overall settings. Would be very convenient.

DeletedUser

The new rounded displays in the graphical overview are very good.
Also I like the idea with the achievements.

A little confusion, I find that the awards were not entirely replaced by achievements. (the word (it's the same Achievements = Awards)) [Klabauter has better execution in the following post :D]

That the Map is now on top is pretty weird; I hope I get used to it ^^
I don't like the new Premium-Icon (I think because of the habituation ^^)

All in all: Very nice. But it takes time to get used to me again for sure ^ ^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Awards-Ranking is still called Awards-Ranking, I think it should be called Achievments-Ranking now?
There are a few mistakes like that one. (that awards are still called awards and not achievments...)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint. We will check it. If you should find screens mentioning "Awards" we would appreciate if you could post the URL for that screen. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the hint. We will check it. If you should find screens mentioning "Awards" we would appreciate if you could post the URL for that screen. Thanks.

[SPOIL]awards.jpg[/SPOIL]
Profil/Achievements -> Settings-List

{game}&mode=awards&screen=info_player

DeletedUser

Those white coordinates on the map are ugly, especially in the corner:

Also on normal view the map and minimap don't line up anymore when the minimap is on it's maximum size:

This is the old one, on a dutch world, it looks much nicer this way:

The full screen map is funny but useless, switches from full screen to normal each time you want to do something is very irritating.

DeletedUser1193

Having the coordinates on the map is nice sometimes I think it should be a map setting that you can turn on or off as you want to use it, much like many other map features