Q&D: Night Mode

DeletedUser1193

Would someone please explain the NEW night mode that was dropped on Beta world 1 with no description of how it works.

Some questions I have are:

1) What are server hours of night mode?

2) Does this effect attacks that are launched during Night Mode and land outside of Night mode?

3) Does this effect attacks that are launched outside of Night Mode and land during Night mode?

4) What is the purpose of this other than to help players that are less active?

5) Why did we not get a circular mail explaining how it works so we can report bugs, plan attacks, etc...

Thanks Hoss

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
First of all the night mode exists since ages, but was not active on Beta yet. Please remember that we can change any settings without announcement for testing purposes as Beta 1 is still a test server.

Night starts at 8 pm and ends on 8 am. Attacks starting at night mode and landing in day mode are not effected. Vice versa attacks arriving in night mode ARE effected. The purpose is to give players a better protection during the night (yes, some players need to sleep at night), so base defence is increased by 200%. This has nothing to do with activity at all.

DeletedUser2083

Well thanks for the rather sarcastic reply Mr Chisum !! But at least you replied !! I thought these were relevant questions as well but obviously you don't !! Thanks again,,,Puzzled claret

Further to above...Other players are spread throughout the world, so time zone are varied and so are their playing hours !! I FULLY understand this is a test world but you are "with this setting" restricting players !! Therefore restricting bug detection !! Just a thought :icon_confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know, where you see any sarcasm in my response...

Each feature that might be activated for testing might also restrict players. But maybe it is better not to test them here in general and to put them to live worlds directly, waiting for bug reports from the live worlds and affecting all players? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser1193

I am fully aware that night mode has existed for a long time (other worlds I have played and some multi day speed rounds have had it but you must activate it and then can not log back in for a set period of time)... My biggest concern was and still is that a quick message to players on this server stating how you expect a feature to work would be a logical thing to do so we know if there is a bug or just a feature that was not developed to do what I was guessing that it was intended to do.

But Thank you for your explination

DeletedUser2083

Any chance of letting us know when or if this feature will be turned off guys ?? It's a nightmare !!

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
It will be turned off with the next Beta reset which will be in a couple of weeks.

marcus the mad

Reaction score
Any chance of letting us know when or if this feature will be turned off guys ?? It's a nightmare !!

With all due respect, but features - even annoying ones - have to be tested for bugs, when you registered for beta you knew that settings may change at random for testing.

While we do understand that some settings are not that popular among the majority of players, they do have to be tested alongside new features. We hope you can understand that.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
It is always based on the server time shown in the footer.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1193

I have no problems testing new features that is the purpose of the Beta server... That being said I go back to my reason for posting... I think that the most logical way to get good responce on a NEW feature is to tell us in a short message what the feature is and how you expect it to work. That is a pretty simple request. and by the way 12hrs is TOO long for a night mode 8 hrs is more than enough time to sleep / eat / go potty and be away from the the incoming attacks I like to send at your villages.

marcus the mad

Reaction score
Usually the new features themselves are not broken, oddly enough it is often something entirely different that breaks (don't ask me why, it just does). Which is why the older features have to be tested as well.

DeletedUser1193

It will be turned off with the next Beta reset which will be in a couple of weeks.

This sure has been a long couple of weeks... Been 4 months since we was told a reset would happen in a couple of weeks!!!