Q&D: Challenges - World wide or local ?

DeletedUser

What's the point of keeping score for the challenges on 3 different levels (world wide (global) / .beta.tribalwars.net / .beta.tribalwars.net - world 1 (local)) ? Why is the winner based on the world wide ranking ? We here at beta hardly can't have an impact on those result, no matter what we do. It would be more logically to have a winner for each world separately (i.e. .beta.tribalwars.net - world 1) instead of one winner world wide. :icon_confused:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
The event is global. Therefore the global score is relevant for the success. Global means all markets and all worlds. Market shows the ranking for this market and world for the world only, of course. As this feature is active on Beta only for testing only the Beta results are shown.

DeletedUser

In that case: can I change teams ? Because my current color isn't doing much on zz2. :icon_razz: The way it is now players on new/small world don't have any change of influencing the winner. So if they are unlucky and end up in an inactive color they never will win.

I've been looking at the graphs the last few days and it always was yellow or blue who where leading (global). Today's challenge is the first one I could actively participate in and now red is leading but only locally on zz1. :icon_embar: In the end it will be blue or yellow once again who will take the win. :icon_sad:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
No, you can't change the team. It is normal that smaller world can not influence the results too much, but every world has it shares in it finally.

Yellow will win this event as well I guess. ^^

DeletedUser

Looks like yellow will win the last challenge as well. :icon_sad: That's really unfair to the other colors on ZZ1 who don't stand a change to get any bonus because of some people on ZZ2. This way the yellow players on ZZ1 gets an unfair advantage over the others players on ZZ1 even thou yellow did only win 1 out of 5 challenges on ZZ1. But because of the people on ZZ2 they got 4 out of 5 challenge bonuses. To me this sound really unfair. :icon_mad: Like I already proposed: winners should be based on the local world, not market or global. :icon_eek:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
It is a global event and not a local one. So winners are investigated globally as well.

DeletedUser

It is a global event and not a local one. So winners are investigated globally as well.

We know it's a global event.

The suggestion is that to improve future events it would be better for it to be world specific.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Why would it be better? We have a global event now and we also had local events (on per player / world base).

If it is intended in the future to have a similar event to this one on a local scale, depends on the global feedback.

DeletedUser

From reading this thread, you appear to be a difficult person and unable to grasp the situation. I find it too frustrating to carry on this conversation with you.

DeletedUser

Being in an inactive team is only relevant for Beta as Beta is currently the only market where it's active for testing. Once it will be used on live worlds this problem will be mitigated by the huge number of participants world wide so just a few active players won't have such a big impact on the result like they currently have.

The competitions are locally active on Beta for functionality tests and feedback on a global event on this scale can only be given once it has been used globally. Your feedback is appreciated but at this point it doesn't fit to the planned scope of the feature as the data gathered here is in no point valid or comparable to a global competition across all markets. The data is used for verification if the competitions are working on client and server side and that's it.

Your point might be valid but this is something we can only see after a first global test so we will at least try it out globally as we expect that the teams will balance out on a global scale.

DeletedUser

Thx Tiger for the clarification, it's a lot clearer then the one from chisum (sorry :icon_rolleyes:). Just take this comment with you when evaluating this thing: On a small/new world players will have almost no impact on the global results which will not encourage them to compete extra for these challenges. If however each world will have their own winners then even on a small world players will do their best to win challenges with their team. (Y)