Implemented: No Barbs world?!?!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1013
  • Start date

DeletedUser1013

Just a thought to throw out there, would love to hear everyones opinions on the matter.

A world without barbarian villages, conflict and war quickly become a must. No chance to slip by barb nobling. Need a farm? Got to clear a player!

It would definitely be a setting for more advanced players, but would also be a setting to truly encourage newer players to learn how to properly enjoy this war game to its maximum effect.

So, thoughts everyone?

DeletedUser

what do you mean when saing "no barbars" ? just no automatically generated barbars at the beginning, or no barbars at all in the whole game?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Supported as well. Growing by attacking directly after the beginner's protection was a lot of fun. :)

But limited number of members (max. 30) per tribe is a must on such a server as well. ;)

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@amisy: I guess that Lost Dose means a world like it was before DE20 (?) without self-growing barbs, no bonus villages, no pala items etc. ^^

DeletedUser

ah i see, just an "old style" world as it was in earlier days..ok, i like that :)
but there are a lot of these worlds, arent they? also newer worlds which are "old styled", i think its not so difficult to find something fitting to this there..

DeletedUser1013

Yeah i mean no generated barbs, if people quit then those barbs will be OK.

I'm not sure to be honest, was there worlds before with no barbs at all? Sounds like fun, Illd like to see more, a proper bash world :)

DeletedUser15

Just a thought to throw out there, would love to hear everyones opinions on the matter.

A world without barbarian villages, conflict and war quickly become a must. No chance to slip by barb nobling. Need a farm? Got to clear a player!

It would definitely be a setting for more advanced players, but would also be a setting to truly encourage newer players to learn how to properly enjoy this war game to its maximum effect.

So, thoughts everyone?

this would be a funny ideea.
pro

DeletedUser73

Yeah i mean no generated barbs, if people quit then those barbs will be OK.

Yeah it used to be that there were no generated Barbarians - when a player quit their villages would become 'abandoned' rather than Barbarian. 'Barbarian' at that time was used to refer to villages who had been removed from players as punishment for breaking the rules and filled to the brim with defensive troops.

TribalWars history lessons aside, this is something that Community Managers have to decide for themselves when setting up world settings - it is already within the realm of technological possibility.

Thread status changed to 'Implemented'.

DeletedUser

TribalWars history lessons aside, this is something that Community Managers have to decide for themselves when setting up world settings - it is already within the realm of technological possibility.

Whether or not a world has automatically spawning barbarian villages can be found out by going to the get_config page amd looking for the following values:

• empty_villages - The number of abandoned villages that will spawn per 100 player villages.
  • bonus_villages - The number of bonus villages that will spawn per 100 player villages.

An example of the way this information is displayed (as well as the actual values of these variables for the current beta round) can be seen below:

Code:
<empty_villages>
</empty_villages>
<bonus_villages>
</bonus_villages>

If the values of both variables were 0 this would mean the world had no automatically spawning abandoned villages. The most recent example of a world like this on an English server is W49.