Night Mode

DeletedUser

In the Tribal Wars Wiki, it mentions that Night Mode is not used because people are in all kinds of time zones and hence might not be able to play at all with or without it. I think this reasoning should be applied to the Beta as well: The times I play, it is always Night Mode, meaning I always have a hefty disadvantage in attacking. (And the time when I don't have Night Mode and might want to move my troops away before being attacked--I can't, because I'm never online).

Alternatively, base Night Mode on a different schedule than 24 hours. If it must be there, do it, say, 1 hour in every 5 (that way it moves around).

DeletedUser2404

the nightmode is a feature that is activated on many markets and has to be tested. This way it is impossible to make it even for everyone. So, the nightmode is set and wont be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3258

what is nightmode? I have played for a long time and never heard of it until I joined world 1 on beta.

DeletedUser

what is nightmode? I have played for a long time and never heard of it until I joined world 1 on beta.

http://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Battles#Night_bonus

If enabled on the world, the night bonus is usually active between midnight and 8am. However, this may vary from world to world.

While the night bonus is active, the defender receives a bonus of 100% when attacked. The bonus does not affect scouts or when you attack a barbarian village.

If night bonus was active for an attack it will be indicated in the battle report.

Note that night bonus is never used on tribalwars.net as we have players from all timezones.

DeletedUser3258

ahh, that makes sense as I have only played on .net up until pretty recently.

DeletedUser

they should have tested it elsewhere :p seeing as this beta is finding players from all different timezones...just like the standard .net

DeletedUser

So, as this world is 8pm to 8am - does that mean the timing applies to ARRIVAL at target, or LEAVING from attacker's village.

Read a thousand (?) pages and came up with the answer - it's the ARRIVAL time that counts.