Rejected: New world 'Skins'?!

DeletedUser1013

OK so the principle I am suggesting wouldn't necessarily mean any change in the mechanics of the game, but purely to the asthetics and visuals.

My idea is to run worlds that are based in different periods, for example;

A world war theme;

Catapults >>> Artillery
Archers >>> Snipers
Mounted Archers >>> Mobile Infantry

Iron Mine >>> Oil Well
Barracks >>> Barracks (But with new graphics)
Stables >>> Garage

I won't list out the entire changes of what should go to what, but just to give you an idea. The way the units perform would remain the same, but have new graphics, names, unit descriptions etc.

Potential issues?

1) I know some will say 'Well it's pointless, it is still the same game.' Well yes it is still the same game, but in the same way your Blue T-shirt has just the same function as your red T-shirt , so why do you have different colours? Well variety is the spice of life and the different visuals have a totally different feel to them.

2) Wow that would take a lot of work! - Well yes it would, though the work is purely visual, the game mechanics would stay the same, but I think the load on the programmers could be dramatically reduced if either players on the Beta wrote suggested unit descriptions etc Perhaps even running graphic competitions for the new graphics? (I know those graphics guys would love the chance to get involved in something like this.) And yes it would still be a fair amount of work to do, but it would also potentially keep a lot more people interested, some playing more worlds and at the end of the day that means more money for the business, so I feel the time invested in this could be worthwhile.

It obviously doesn't have to be that theme, there are probably hundreds of potential themed worlds to choose from. Another I though of would be a space based theme - Tribal Wars on Alpha Centuri!!

DeletedUser

it kind of goes against the "tribal wars" name, if you know what i mean

DeletedUser1013

I know what you mean, but it seems a bit of a short sighted response to me. Rename the world if needs be, who is to say that on 'Alpha Centuri' there wouldn't be tribes etc.

At the end of the day, I am not saying lets have Germany fight Poland, I am suggesting new weapons and appearances. So why couldn't it be a modern day tribal wars?

Call it Tribal Wars - Modern Era edition.

DeletedUser

if you want another look, you could use a graphic package ;-) there all this could look as you described it, if you or anybody would make the graphics ;-)
i dont think it would be so fitting to make it for all players on a world..because some wont like it maybe, and..it would maybe be funny at the beginning, everybody would start an account there to look at it^^ but then, after a while it wouldnt be that interesting anymore, in the end theres no difference if the graphics are this way or another way, the game stays the same..
and, as i said, theres still the possibility to use graphic packages! if you want to wear a red shirt, ok, but i want my blue one :p
and i dont think lots of players would be interested to play a specific world, just because of the other graphics

DeletedUser15

well...medieval time with garage and snipers.....Seems I have a lack of history

DeletedUser1013

The entire point is that it would be set in a different Era....

.... O.k. this idea has been slagged off enough now, I suggest closing the thread and marking it as rejected.