Rejected: New menu bar - color change

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
As the new menu bar looks very dark I replaced it in the screen below with the background images of other headers, which looks quite nice in my opinion. I can't change the buttons actually, but I am sure that everybody can imagine how it would look like. ;)

[SPOIL]
menubar.png
[/SPOIL]

marcus the mad

Reaction score
I think they are going for a leather look, a bit like a belt?

On my laptop it doesn't look too dark, but that could just be me too.

DeletedUser

I think the design is good at the moment, so for me there is no need to change it.

DeletedUser1313

I am old and therefore not as keen on change. I actually prefer the original color format. However, I'll admit that I was surprised that we don't have "skin" choices. I think having them would cause a server load (maybe not) and is reason enough for me to stick to one color format. That said, I'd favor each world having a slightly different color combination. This would help lessen the confusion for those of us playing multiple worlds, with identical quick bars.

DeletedUser1313

Double Post, Sorry

Maybe one of the scripters or coders can be given the opportunity to create a selection of skins for Beta 2 only. This would allow players to change their skins and give mods/admins the opportunity to see what the server load would be.

I know if I had the choice of different skins I'd have a different one for each world. :)

marcus the mad

Reaction score
The idea is good, but given recent problems with W53 overload and a lot of angry messages, I don't think they'll take much risk right now, also this is a small server that's probably kept well within its bounds, on a regular world there are like 10 times more players.

DeletedUser1313

The idea is good, but given recent problems with W53 overload and a lot of angry messages, I don't think they'll take much risk right now, also this is a small server that's probably kept well within its bounds, on a regular world there are like 10 times more players.

agreed but they can use this server to see exactly the load difference and then just do a little math. :icon_eek:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Okay, but how about replacing the background of the menu bar as I illustrated it above? As far as I could see it on .DE for many players the menu bar is too dark and doesn't really fit. :)

DeletedUser

the buttons are too dark
and it is too fixed in position |( have to scroll so much now

DeletedUser

I am old and therefore not as keen on change. I actually prefer the original color format. However, I'll admit that I was surprised that we don't have "skin" choices. I think having them would cause a server load (maybe not) and is reason enough for me to stick to one color format. That said, I'd favor each world having a slightly different color combination. This would help lessen the confusion for those of us playing multiple worlds, with identical quick bars.

I think that is quite a good idea! It would be great to distinguish between worlds via a different colour menu bar.

DeletedUser

Double Post, Sorry

Maybe one of the scripters or coders can be given the opportunity to create a selection of skins for Beta 2 only. This would allow players to change their skins and give mods/admins the opportunity to see what the server load would be.

I know if I had the choice of different skins I'd have a different one for each world. :)

Having different skins for each world would be a cool feature. I've sometimes got mixed up when I have different worlds in tabs

DeletedUser

Instead of having this as a feature made, wouldnt it being enabled for user's to edit the colours be better? maybe allowing a custom css just for the menu?

DeletedUser73

Should be possible with user-created graphical packages (as are the skins you are suggesting, unforgiv3n), and the original suggestion doesn't seem to have been met with an overwhelming positive reaction, so I'm setting this to Rejected.