Implemented: Moving positions of village overview information boxes.

DeletedUser1314

The information boxes that I'm on about are the Production, Units, Belief, Notebook & Own commands boxes. I think that we should be able to resize them & move them to either be to the right, life, above or below the village overview (as in the image of your village with the buildings, etc.).

I find it annoying how I have to scroll down to see the Own commands box, when using a small-screen laptop, when I'd much rather have it to the right of my village overview. Resizing & moving these boxes will let us customise it to our needs & make game play a lot easier & simpler.

2nspag0.jpg

My amazing MS Paint skills being shown off there. Thank TinyPic.com for the poor quality.

Any extra feedback or questions are welcome.

Thank you.
This post took me ages so I hope that you appreciate it.

DeletedUser

@England: I love when players put effort into their suggestions especially with pics. FYI, save your MS Paint picture as a .png file before using tinypic.com to upload it, you won't lose any quality that way.

As for the idea, there is no harm in creating a layout that is fully customizable, as long as you have a way to reset to defaults if something does get screwed up, or lost.
That said, I'd hate to see other pieces of development which would increase the functionality of accounts later game put aside to accomodate this idea.
To me this is a nice to have, but not necessary to increase playability type of change.

In addition to this suggestion, I'd like to be able to minimize/maximize those information boxes, and add in a couple more information boxes for merchant travel (if it isn't there already I can't remember), and tech levels. But only if they are minimizable.

I also believe the resource production information is wasted space here and should be removed. Resource production is a static number, linked the your mine levels, and if you need to see what they are producing you can click on the mines.. It's similar to the idea of the defense bonus showing, when we all know it's 107% at level 20 wall. There's no point, because it's something that only changes when a building level changes.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
To make the boxes fully customizable isn't necessary in my opinion. But I agree to AYK to remove some unneeded boxes like production and to be able to minimize boxes (I think it was suggested already in another thread), because this could solve the problem for users of the classical village overview hopefully to have a larger width for the commands box, which is very small for them as you can see below, and wraps a renamed attack too often.

[SPOIL]
incoming01.png
[/SPOIL]

edit/

Production could be shown like here as well if somebody should really need it. ^^

[SPOIL]
productionperhour.png
[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

DeletedUser1314

@AYK:- thanks for the TinyPic tip.

By minimize do you mean collapse? As in you press an arrow & it only shows the title bar? If so, I like that idea.

The thing with the reset button I find unneccessary if it's only like drag & drop but so that it locks into certain positions. So they can only go to certain fixed places, not randomly hovering, if you get me. So that it 'snaps' into place instead of you just moving it. I apologise if I'm confusing you here.

The idea about extra boxes is a good one as is the idea about the Production box. It'd be nice to have just the amount it produces p/hour in the level box (just like the warehouse displays how long until it's full, the resources' level boxes can display the amount that's produced.

DeletedUser1313

@AYK, i'm jealous, I have pics in my notebook suggestion and didn't get a pat of the back (crying) lol

I like the idea of making the pages for size adjustable with drop down arrows or just grabbing and stretching boxes. Its impossible for the designers to make everything suitable for everyone and I do think they've done a very respectable job with their efforts but if the coding isn't difficult to make things sizable then i'm all in favor of it. Lord knows, I'd be resizing my page.

DeletedUser

I wasn't confused by the drag and drop at all, I've just had bad experiences in the past where you drag and drop a window, and it disappears entirely on you, because it's stuck behind some other aspect of the page. A reset button was merely to save yourself from that sort of thing, or to pull everything back to the starting position if someone get's on your account and messes around.

The collapsing window is exactly as you said, just a little arrow to drop the window to a header line only, so you don't have to view that data if you don't want.

@unforgiv3n - you seemed confident in your own abililties, England seemed like he needed a pat on the back. Your pics were no less appreciated though!

DeletedUser73

Can we get some more feedback on this idea?

Personal thoughts: It could be a bit of a pain to accidentally click 'n drag your way into a new style on your village overview page. Wouldn't a Settings page that lets you customize a sample village overview with everything mentioned before rolling out the changes to all of you villages be a better option? A 'reset to default' option, as AYK mentioned, should definitely be included.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Would be a good idea of course to create a sample village, where the positions of the different boxes etc. are stored and applicated on all villages.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with a sample village to set a default, less chance to screw things up on the fly, or for sitters to accidentally move something around on you.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't a Settings page that lets you customize a sample village overview with everything mentioned before rolling out the changes to all of you villages be a better option?

I remember nino saying that the settings page is already over-packed with stuff, so I don't know if it's really good idea and it can be confusing for newbies to get used to the game if there are too many options.

DeletedUser

Can we get some more feedback on this idea?

Personal thoughts: It could be a bit of a pain to accidentally click 'n drag your way into a new style on your village overview page. Wouldn't a Settings page that lets you customize a sample village overview with everything mentioned before rolling out the changes to all of you villages be a better option? A 'reset to default' option, as AYK mentioned, should definitely be included.

Yes, displaying an option for moving around the CSS boxes in the --> SETTINGS <-- wouldn't further enlarge the start screen.

But a simple collapse / expand button is the first idea I'd implement!

[SPOIL]
expand.png
[/SPOIL]

@England:Why don't you try Gimp? It's harder to learn but much more powerful than the long-known Paint.

Last edited by a moderator:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
@robertschwarzl: that would be already very helpful, especially if the box with the own commands and incomings could expand to 100% of the frame. then. ^^