Rejected: joker village

DeletedUser

This is a bonus village. When you have nobled it a faery comes up:
"What do you wish for?"
and now you can decide what type of bonus village you'd like to have!
(clap)

DeletedUser1385

I can't say that I'm against the idea (on a test world) but, I'm not sure of how they would go about implementing it.

Would the village be reconfigurable for each ennoblement, or would only the first nobler be able to set its type?

Is there any additional information you can provide to explain exactly what your suggesting.

DeletedUser

I'd implement it like the way the Village Manager is (in the village HQ next to "Construct" and "Demolish") and with an additional link in the overview (maybe below the ressources?)

The "reconfiguration" setting could be made available for the Community manager ;)

DeletedUser

Against it.

It makes Tribalwars seem like other games which involve a lot of luck.
Some games have it so in attacks you can get in the report: "After a long tedious walk, your army decided to rest. While resting by a giant oak tree, the land around them opened and a leprechaun appeared! 'Oh jolly' the leader cried! The leprechaun sang them a famous Irish song and gave them 1000 extra loot."

I personally see bonus villages a bonus for new players. Randomly surprising them with an option to choose would either make the game easier, or terminate the whole competition of conquering a certain village which has specific bonuses.

DeletedUser

Against it.

It makes Tribalwars seem like other games which involve a lot of luck.
Some games have it so in attacks you can get in the report: "After a long tedious walk, your army decided to rest. While resting by a giant oak tree, the land around them opened and a leprechaun appeared! 'Oh jolly' the leader cried! The leprechaun sang them a famous Irish song and gave them 1000 extra loot."

I personally see bonus villages a bonus for new players. Randomly surprising them with an option to choose would either make the game easier, or terminate the whole competition of conquering a certain village which has specific bonuses.

Well said!

DeletedUser

daniel you think tw is a totally deterministed game? yes maybe, that little dice in attacks doesnt matter that much

DeletedUser

daniel you think tw is a totally deterministed game? yes maybe, that little dice in attacks doesnt matter that much

I believe that the game shouldn't be all about luck, or at all, but more about brain power and strategy. I personally think that having a "Joker Village" will reduce the 'luck' element in the game. So many professional players have complained when Barbs and Bonus villages were implemented to the game, so there will be even more complaints when they'll hear 'Newbies' now have more chance to overpower their game experience and complex strategies with the implementation of more luck into the game.

It's an interesting idea, I just don't see how other players in other versions will get along with it. :)

DeletedUser73

Luck is all fine and dandy for a single player game, but it loses alot of its charm if one is trying to build a balanced multiplayer experience. Agreed with Daniel!