Interview

DeletedUser15

lens3281412_1237079854question_mark.jpg

My first target for this ideea was of course Typhi our CM.
I just wanna say thank you for spending your time and hope you enjoy it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15

1. First of all, could you please tell us some words about the person behind this nick?

Typhi:Hi, my name is Robert and I live in Eefde, the Netherlands. I decided a few months ago to take a year off before continuing with my course of education and I'm currently in that year. I work 5 days a week at a local supermarket, where I perform a number of tasks. That incidentally, combined with a number of temporarily increased number of responsibilities over the past week on tribalwars.net is one of the reasons I have taken so long to get back to you, my apologies.

2. how did it you acheive working for INNO? was it hard ?

Typhi: Welllll, actually no. I had been a moderator on tribalwars.net for quite a while, and was asked by the Community Manager there if I could help out with the forum moderation on Beta. (At the time, Morthy was running this world.) One thing led to another, and I was offered the position of CM.

3. Most of us want to know: how much is it passion and how much a buissnes what you are doing

Typhi: It can vary quite a bit. Most of the time I enjoy doing it, but at times when it has to be done when I'm very busy it becomes just one more thing to stress about. One thing that can definitely be said is that in my experience it is a fulfilling job - I'm helping you guys help InnoGames make TribalWars better.

4. What exactly are you doing at your job? Is it a 8 hour job?

Typhi:My day-to-day duties on Beta can be summed up in a few words: I answer tickets, look for rule-breakers and discuss items of interest on the InnoGames forums. On top of that, there are of course ideas to review and pass on, BugPremium to hand out, and an assortment of other small things. There isn't really a set amount of time that I need to take care of all this - there are busy days and there are slow days. If you recall the configuration issues from a few months back; I think I spent about 17 hours over 3 days manually fixing only that. Normally of course the time I need to cover my duties is a lot, lot less.

5. Do you play one of the INNO's Games? And I mean: do you play seriosly one ?

Typhi: I've been playing on InnoGames' facebook game - WestWars, but only to the point of logging in once or twice a day to use up all my Energy. I believe in not doing something unless I can do it well, and unfortunately many online games require amounts of time I simply would rather not commit.

6. Do you like what are you doing? thinking that this will became your carrier? or is just a step in your life?

Typhi:Hmm, that isn't something I have managed to sort out for myself, actually. I definitely enjoy being a Community Manager, but I haven't yet decided which direction my life should go after this year is over. Choosing to make this into a career is a possibility. :p Either way though, I'd like to keep CMing here on Beta throughout University, provided you guys are fine with that. I'll keep you posted. ;o

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1013

Wow, i nearly missed this being tucked away in off-topic.

Great work with the interview, it is probably one of the most interesting things i have read on these forums so far. I hope you keep doing more!

Would love to see an interview with one of the programmers as well, they are another un-sung hero in my mind.

And maybe a bit more dirty gossip being dragged out of the interviewee next time :p

DeletedUser15

I am a total stranger...I won't receive gossip cause I have great eyes ;) but I'll try

DeletedUser15

Could you please tell us some words about the person behind this nick?

ulrichsg:Hi My name is Ulrich, and I'm a computer scientist living in the big city of Hamburg, North Germany. I've been a gamer for many years, so when I saw that InnoGames were hiring, I thought "hey, let's become a game developer - it should be fun!" Well, I joined the company in June and was assigned to the Tribal Wars team. And it is indeed fun, at least most of the time (see my answer to 6 ^^).

2. Tell us: is Typhi a bad boss? or is acting more like a coleague?

ulrichsg:Well, Typhi is not my boss after all We both do pretty much separate things here - his jobs are community support and forum administration, and my job is the bug tracker. We occasionally PM each other when necessary, but otherwise we just work independently.

3. When things goes bad on servers do you listen music? what kind?

ulrichsg:I often listen to music while at work, not just when things go bad I like melodic metal and rock, and I've also got a fancy for game music. Sometimes putting on headphones and listening to music is quite helpful to leave behind the talk of my colleagues and focus on what I'm doing. Though it means they have to wave at me if they want to talk to me

4. what "ulrichsg" means to you? how did you choose this name.

ulrichsg:It means I'm not very creative at making up usernames ^^ As I mentioned, Ulrich is my first name, and the "sg" part is an abbreviation of my last name. If I remember correctly, I first chose it as my username when "ulrich" was already taken in the computer lab at the university where I worked on my final thesis.

5. Do you play inno's games? And I mean play, not an acount and log in from time to time.

ulrichsg:I try out pretty much every game we release, but usually not very seriously. Currently I'm dabbling in The West, though mostly I'm excited about Tribonia - I've been an RPG fan for ages and can't wait for it to be released. And of course I am somewhat active on the beta world here

6. Could you describe us the worst day on beta? why was it the worst?

ulrichsg:I really can't remember any day on beta as particularly bad. Though some bugs are certainly nastier than other - I especially dislike those that only occur in one browser, because they often force me to write dirty hacks instead of nice clean code, and also because the browser that causes the most trouble (Internet Explorer, of course ) is not very developer-friendly compared to, say, Firefox.

DeletedUser

I think we need a bit more from the team, maybe if we could get Morthy on this too! But we would have to pester Typhi about it haha.

Maybe we could get a nice list of questions, and hopefully the team at Inno could answer! :D

DeletedUser66

Nice interviews there Sweet Decadence (Y)

Quite insightful.