Implemented: Demolition *

DeletedUser

In the headquarter in demolition mode
now it is: downgrade one level
what about: downgrade to level 8
or whatever :)

DeletedUser

Currently, you can only have 5 demolition assignments in a village at one time, and only one level per assignment. This is a good thing, because what this does is prevent a player from completely demolishing his own village before it is nobled (like if you know a train is coming and if you cant stack it). He can demolish it, but not all at once, and he can only order 5 demolishing assignments at one time. If your idea was implemented, players could, for example, demolish their smithy directly from level 20 to level 0, instead of having to demolish it one level at a time. This would be unfair for players who are nobling other player villages. That said, I disagree with this idea.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think you got the point wrong. The first 3 rows show how it looks like actually and the last ones how it would look with myhills idea. ;)

[SPOIL]
demolition01.png
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Are you sure thats what hes asking? Okay, I agree with that I guess...

DeletedUser1754

i dont think that this is what shes asking, probably rather this link in the demolish tab^^

415262-725201122655am.png

downgrade to level x instead of downgrade 1 level^^

and yes i like this and i like what chisum suggested^^

but should it then rather say "downgrade to level 7" or "downgrade level 8" so should be the end level be displayed or the level which is currently being changed?

DeletedUser

So you're saying that rather than just saying "Downgrade One Level", have it say downgrade to Level (n-(i+1)), where n is the current level, and i is the amount of levels currently queued for demolition?

DeletedUser

I could see a dropdown that allows you to choose up to 5 levels dependent on what's already que'd, then when you submit it, it que's each level independently so you could still re-arrange priorities.

Ie: If you wanted to download HQ by 2, and Market by 3, you could choose each in the drop downs, then click submit. You'd also be able to build an entire page of assignments that way and submit, and have it produce an error if it exceeds the 5 que'd actions rule.

DeletedUser1754

er....
maybe myhill should explain again what she meant because its difficult to discuss about something when you dont know what youre talking about...now we have like 4 opinions on what the topic is here

DeletedUser

hmm, AYK, that's a lot more extensive than I think anyone else had considered!

Private, what do you think the idea is? It doesn't really matter that there are multiple ideas in the thread, more that one that is usable comes out the other end :p

DeletedUser1754

i think its about this:
[SPOIL]
i dont think that this is what shes asking, probably rather this link in the demolish tab^^

but should it then rather say "downgrade to level 7" or "downgrade level 8" so should be the end level be displayed or the level which is currently being changed?
[/SPOIL]

and i like this:
[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]
and that:
[SPOIL]
I think you got the point wrong. The first 3 rows show how it looks like actually and the last ones how it would look with myhills idea. ;)

[SPOIL]
demolition01.png
[/SPOIL]
[/SPOIL]

but i dont like this:
[SPOIL]
Currently, you can only have 5 demolition assignments in a village at one time, and only one level per assignment. This is a good thing, because what this does is prevent a player from completely demolishing his own village before it is nobled (like if you know a train is coming and if you cant stack it). He can demolish it, but not all at once, and he can only order 5 demolishing assignments at one time. If your idea was implemented, players could, for example, demolish their smithy directly from level 20 to level 0, instead of having to demolish it one level at a time. This would be unfair for players who are nobling other player villages. That said, I disagree with this idea.
[/SPOIL]
for the reasons which he himself explains

and i dont like this:
[SPOIL]
I could see a dropdown that allows you to choose up to 5 levels dependent on what's already que'd, then when you submit it, it que's each level independently so you could still re-arrange priorities.

Ie: If you wanted to download HQ by 2, and Market by 3, you could choose each in the drop downs, then click submit. You'd also be able to build an entire page of assignments that way and submit, and have it produce an error if it exceeds the 5 que'd actions rule.
[/SPOIL]
because i think thats not needed as its not so much work to click five times on a link
and because i think it would make it more complicated instead of more helpfull, because when you set all and only finally click ok you dont see before clicking ok if the ress are enough and how much it will cost more because of the building queue and so on and so on
so better to have it updated all the time directly and see everything directly

so..some more opinions on these 4 ideas or does someone maybe has a 5th suggestion on how to interprete myhills post?^^

DeletedUser

because i think thats not needed as its not so much work to click five times on a link

If it's not that much work, then why are we discussing demo to level x to begin with?

If you take my idea, and remove the thought of just setting levels manually, and have a script built for it, it's extremely fast and easy to use, however it'd remove the whole need to pay for the village manager, so your not like to see it at the mass level.

To be honest, I'm in agreement, we have a buliding overview page, where you can easily click to demo your 5 levels across each village on the same screen.
There is no real need for a demo 5 levels link, or any sort of a drop down.

DeletedUser

DELETED: missunderstood the idea :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was thinking that the idea what to change the wording so as to make it easier to tell what level you have reduced the building to, rather than a change to the system by which is it made easier to demolish multiple levels using some sort of dropdown box.

DeletedUser

:D This thread is really entertaining^^

Now, my simple idea was to change the wording from 'demolish one level' to 'demolish to level n-1' as petn said.
Just like chisum and private made visual.

DeletedUser

Private, my post was not an idea. It was simply explaining why being able to demolish more than one level per assignment would be a bad idea

And myhill, now that you explain it, I agree with your idea.

DeletedUser

This would make sense, stop me having to think as much and work it out myself :)