Implemented: Barbarian villages Idea

DeletedUser

On a world where barbarian villages grow to 1500 points -

If a village is abandonded and is over 1500 points, the village should start training defensive troops (if it has a barracks and/or can make heavy cavalry) and build its wall to level 20 (if it isnt already). This would make barbarian villages less desirable, and make it harder for players to conquer them. Because of this, players would go after villages of other players instead of barbarian villages.

Additionally, to deter players seeking ODA, the troops produced by the barbarian village should not count for ODA when killed.

I see typhi brought this up here: Thread, but the idea hasnt been presented in its own thread, and it deserves its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i dont like this

when the barbs get more and more like players (build up already, then build troops...) then you "fight against computers", you could see every barb as 1 village-player then who tries to hold his village..while not being a player
then you play against a "computer-player" when nobling a barb^^

next step would be to make the barbs send the troops around between each other when attacked? :p

i think this is no good direction as what makes the game so much fun is playing against real people

DeletedUser

No, the idea is just to have the barbarian villages defend themselves so that players focus on nobling other players instad of barbarian villages. The barbs wouldnt be able to send troops out at all.

DeletedUser

i think this is no good direction as what makes the game so much fun is playing against real people

But this is the entire purpose of the suggestion, to get players playing against real people, instead of taking the easy to noble barbs, and avoiding player interaction.
This is meant as a deterrant, not a step in creating computer AI to play against.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think that a consequence would be also that everybody tries to noble barbs before they are grown up to 1,5k. Too many players noble barbs already instead of attacking other players. Wouldn't be really helpful for the game. ^^

DeletedUser

I think that a consequence would be also that everybody tries to noble barbs before they are grown up to 1,5k. Too many players noble barbs already instead of attacking other players. Wouldn't be really helpful for the game. ^^

Or...everyone tries to noble other players.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
And meanwhile his farms have troops that he will loose his own troops on the barbs afterwards. (think)

DeletedUser

he would not only need to farm the actice players daily to prevent them from building too much troops, but also the barbs! how strange

DeletedUser

In having to fight other players, they'd learn skillz they'd otherwise not learn. +1

DeletedUser561

If barbs start building troops they will cease to be farms and will instead become a nuisance. This will not deter barb nobling in the slightest.

DeletedUser1283

Aren't the (growing) barbs a option for your Community manager to put in a new world?