Rejected: Account sitting permission levels

marcus the mad

Reaction score
Then I pity those who play on .de

I'm speaking for .net here, but the general idea doesn't change. A sitter shouldn't be allowed to ruin things for a tribe, as it affects many players negatively instead of just one or a few. With this implemented it can easily be prevented.

Dunno where you play, but sitters can't ruin the account on .net either, not deliberately at least.

Personally I think this idea is just not usable, search for a sitter, get your duke to do it if needed, just make sure you get a decent sitter that won't ruin things.
Setting someone who wants to ruin your tribe won't do anything good for you, no matter the settings.

DeletedUser

Why risk ruining things for your entire tribe when it can be avoided?

It isn't illegal for a sitter to mess with the tribe, but the rules clearly state that it is illegal to ruin an account you're sitting. That means the IG mods should be able to reverse negative effects illegally done to a sat account and should do so if a ticket is sent in without needing to revert to an earlier server backup point. The person who ruined the sat account would consequently be banned.

Justice, and all problems solved.

Except, if something like this is done, how many people would abuse this by having players they dont like banned?

And what if you are attacked and rimmed while being sat? Its usually not the sitters fault in that case.

Additionally, what if the sitter goes inactive, and something happens to the account while the sitter is away? It is not a malicious and intentional ruining of the account, so what happens then?

DeletedUser

Dust2Dust, any instance of Sitting Abuse on .net is, as far as I know, dealt with by the more senior moderators ingame, and they are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Action is only taken (again, as far as I know) If there is substantial proof that either a) the sitter caused great damage to the account or b) through intentional inaction, let great damage be done to the account (i.e., taking the sit, knowing that it had a lot of attacks incoming, and intentionally leaving troops to be destroyed or letting villages be taken, though such a case would have to have strong evidence that it was malicious rather than just negligence (Mails, etc.)).

Lunafire, while I agree that sitting abuse is bad to see, I honestly don't think that this will make any difference. No matter what level of permission they have, a player can still abuse a sitting:

If they can move troops, they can support their allies with its troops and destroy the offence of another tribemember, or they can attack another tribemember with the account's offence.

What about a situation by which there is a spy in the tribe, and they want to let someone else sit the account and see the forums. As it stands, a leader can instantly see someone outside the tribe is sitting, and kick the person as a spy, but if the person tells the leader that they haven't given them forum access (when in fact they have) what can the leader do then? It would make it much easier for spies to work within tribes. Is it the fault of the leader that they have trusted a player that they didn't know would betray them? How then is that different to it being the fault of the sat player to have trusted someone else to sit them without abusing their account?

DeletedUser

Maybe there could be another column next to the sitter one in the tribe containing information about which level the sitter has been set with ;)

@Petn: I know, off-topic, but your thread somehow reminds me of the rules of robotics...