Passed On: Ability to allow numbers to be formatted with comma as decimal seperator

DeletedUser

TW was is built in Germany where the decimal seperator is the point / full-stop - e.g. 4.103.203

However, in the UK and many other countries we use the comma to seperate numbers. e.g. 4,103,203

Even though I have been playing a long time now, I still sometimes find the numbers difficult to read.

I suggest that we provide a user setting to set this.

(maybe it could also be implemented by using a new css?)

Any thoughts?

:icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, I don't think it's possible to change text by using CSS^^

I personally don't like decimal seperators at all, I just use spaces.

DeletedUser73

A possibility for this to be configured on a version-to-version basis is already in the works. :)
(Yes I realise that this wouldn't be a user setting - it'd be configured per country.)

DeletedUser

A possibility for this to be configured on a version-to-version basis is already in the works. :)
(Yes I realise that this wouldn't be a user setting - it'd be configured per country.)

I was thinking about that as well but was wondering how you would set it for .Net where you have people from lots of different countries? I guess it would probably be a "Please the majority" type of decision, which then makes me wonder which country most of .net come from?

DeletedUser73

I was thinking about that as well but was wondering how you would set it for .Net where you have people from lots of different countries? I guess it would probably be a "Please the majority" type of decision, which then makes me wonder which country most of .net come from?

As far as I am aware, most English-speaking countries use commas: 1,000,000 - which may reflect on .net.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
As far as I have seen it the numbers are already formatted by JavaScript 7 jQuery. jQuery already has some nice plug-ins to format numbers correctly depending on the users browser language. If a language is not supported by the script it falls back to the default.