Rescue the Royalty

DeletedUser2404

well.

just in a shorten way:

- would be nice to see, how many monsters have been deefated by others, at least like the daily awards, so you can see if you are in the lead or not
- buffs are too powerful
- after you finished a quest, the page does not reload. I was confused, because the shown amount of silver did not match what i expected (missed 200). After I refreshed the page it was fine
- the "welcome" screen for the event on mds is a way too big
- actions should count for quests, even the quest has not started yet. Strengthen a royal costs 500 silver. Imagen the player already spent the silver on that feature before the quest started. This way in worst case the player must wait 5 days. That is kinda frustrating.
- what happens if someone joins a world while the event is active? At the moment it is like one quest per day. If someone joins the wolrd on day 5. can i instantly do quests until day 5 or is that his personal day one so he just can do the first quest?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2404

Oh and I would like to add one thing, which came up last year already and can be seen in most previous events...

Whenever you click a button on the event page, the screen jumps up so it is needed to scroll down again. Pretty anoying. Please fix that.

DeletedUser73

Thanks for the feedback. I've put replies in bold!

well.

just in a shorten way:

- would be nice to see, how many monsters have been defeated by others, at least like the daily awards, so you can see if you are in the lead or not -> We'll take a look to see if this is possible
- buffs are too powerful -> Any of them in particular?
- after you finished a quest, the page does not reload. I was confused, because the shown amount of silver did not match what i expected (missed 200). After I refreshed the page it was fine -> As of a couple days ago it should update the silver count properly. :)
- the "welcome" screen for the event on mds is a way too big -> We'll take a look, thanks.
- actions should count for quests, even the quest has not started yet. Strengthen a royal costs 500 silver. Imagine the player already spent the silver on that feature before the quest started. This way in worst case the player must wait 5 days. That is kinda frustrating. -> We thought about that a bit already internally and didn't yet come up with a satisfactory solution yet. Note that it seems likely that this would only really be a problem when a player is working through several quests on the same day, which is not expected to be a very common situation.
- what happens if someone joins a world while the event is active? At the moment it is like one quest per day. If someone joins the world on day 5. can i instantly do quests until day 5 or is that his personal day one so he just can do the first quest? -> He'll be able to do quests until day 5. Similarly, if you don't log in on day 4, but you do log in on day 5, you'll be able to do both day 4's quest and day 5's quest.

DeletedUser2404

Any of them in particular?

All of them, but mostly the defense and attack bonuses. To make it clear, just compare the maximum bonus with the someone with no bonus at all. Imagen words with big frontlines, many towers (many troops in a single village) e.g. While in a fight between players that have just 2 villages the bonus or at least the impact cannot been seen that clearly, the impact on players with few hundred or thousand villages is pretty big. Do one thing.

Pick a world with a standard simple techtree. simulate once without any bonus, how many nukes it would take to get a village with 200k spearmen, 200k swordsmen and 50k Hcav (wall 20). Now pick the maximum value for the attacking bonus and simulate again. And a third time with the maximum value for the defend bonus.

And now imagen, you attack not only one, but 10 or 20 of these villages. It is kindly common that a single player gets hit by few thousand attacks.

You might argue, that the event just takes place a few days, so they just could run again few days later... well you are right with that but the impact on players gaming morale is pretty high, doesn't matter if it really influenced the worlds progress or not.

As of a couple days ago it should update the silver count properly.

Checked and it is fixed.

We thought about that a bit already internally and didn't yet come up with a satisfactory solution yet. Note that it seems likely that this would only really be a problem when a player is working through several quests on the same day, which is not expected to be a very common situation.

No it is a problem, whenever a player uses the silver beside these quests. I spent once 500 silver on that strenghten feature, before the quest told me to. So I couldn't extend the royal buff the day the quest came up and had to wait one more day. In case i would have strenghten a second royal i would have to wait another 5 days or to buy the silver. But that is not possible on worlds without that option (German market particially). Maybe it could go the following way:

Whenever a quest has been solved, you can see, what will be the next task, even you cannot finish it instantly. This way you can see, how muh silver you might need and decide, if you want to spent the reward on it or not. The event itself should be restructured a bit. I'll try to explain how I think that should be done.

A player should be able to solve all quest during the event period as long as he spends all the free and reward silver on these quests. But it should not happen, that a player must guess if he must save silver for a quest that will follow.

So, if quest A gives 300 silver and for quest B it is needed to spent 500 silver, the player must have the time to wait 2 days (100 free silver each) without beeing in trouble that he might not finish all quests. On the other hand, if the reward would have been 1000 silver and the needed silver still is 500, the player should be allowed to spent the additional 500 silver on whatever he wants, and that has no influence on, if he might finish all quests or not.

Hope that is kinda understandable... :S

And sorry for missing letters if they appear, my keyboard is kindly broken...

DeletedUser2404

One addition.

What will cause much confusion is the last quest, as long as ppl read it.

twm16ul8gef.png

"here is a special reward" and "reward: none". Ppl will write a support ticket for that.

Last edited by a moderator: