Rally Point & Incomings Tagger

DeletedUser2404

Ok, i just would like to summarize my feedback and somehow my questions. Maybe you can help me to answer them.

tag-tool.

It's a nice feature as it is. You said, it will be possible to change thae tagging by own scripts what would allow own tags. Pretty nice.
It's not that usable for speed worlds as there will be too many wrong labled attacks, but for normal worlds, it's helpfull and makes it kind of even. The defender now can rename the inc as fast as the attacker can send them (or at least the defender is now much more faster).

What I do not understand exactly is, how does that fit into the existing feature catalog. I mentioned, that AM-user do have the option to receive mails, when they become attacked. This way, they do know, what type of income they do have. The tag tool would rename the attack wrong if there is a gap between sending mail and access the game again. Or, without the notifications, and that's what i do, i remember the last time i was logged in. When I now reaccess the game and see some incomes, I can at least guess what comes. It would be saver to say, he attacks with rams, even the left arrival time would suggest me an attack with LCAV (btw, is there a propper reason for teh captial letters?), so I would like to have the option do decide, what time the tagger should guess.

rally point

Until today I have no clue, what the new features shall be usefull for. I mostly do not like it and yes I know, it's often just a matter of beeing kind of sticky to things we are used. But, i never had the need to look for a player or village name. My target are mostly all arround me and if not, I receive an attack plan. What is nice, is, to have the info about the target. Here I have to say, I like the idea, but not the result. And i don't need the distance (what would be the use?). I don't need the village itself displayed in a picture and I do not like all these tiny frames around these elements. It is nice that is is unneeded to enter the | but irretates, that the coords are now in a single field. I know I mentioned that, once selected a target, the mouseover (hand-symbol in previous version) suggested to have a link to that village, but instead of that, it was a simple "remove" function. Now we do have that red x and I really don't like it. What about, that this really would be a link to the target? Like the screen=info_village - page? That would help to check last reports e.g.. And at least, so not do any unneeded changes like you changed the position of the "fav, own, recent" links.

What is irretating for now too, if i enter coords, I do have to select the target afterwards (otherwise the village does not appear), but i still can attack. Is that wanted?

And please try to explain to me, why you made these rally point changes.

Thank you.

DeletedUser73

Hi reisone,
Thanks for your feedback here and in the mission. I'll try to address your questions.

Ok, i just would like to summarize my feedback and somehow my questions. Maybe you can help me to answer them.

tag-tool.

It's a nice feature as it is. You said, it will be possible to change thae tagging by own scripts what would allow own tags. Pretty nice.
It's not that usable for speed worlds as there will be too many wrong labled attacks, but for normal worlds, it's helpfull and makes it kind of even. The defender now can rename the inc as fast as the attacker can send them (or at least the defender is now much more faster).

What I do not understand exactly is, how does that fit into the existing feature catalog. I mentioned, that AM-user do have the option to receive mails, when they become attacked. This way, they do know, what type of income they do have. The tag tool would rename the attack wrong if there is a gap between sending mail and access the game again. Or, without the notifications, and that's what i do, i remember the last time i was logged in. When I now reaccess the game and see some incomes, I can at least guess what comes. It would be saver to say, he attacks with rams, even the left arrival time would suggest me an attack with LCAV (btw, is there a propper reason for teh captial letters?), so I would like to have the option do decide, what time the tagger should guess.

What we've implemented now is what we consider to be a good first implementation of what we're aiming for: good handling of mass incoming attacks. We expect to receive more feedback about the Attack Labelling and other changes to the Incomings Overview in the coming days and weeks (when it is released outside of Beta), and we'll probably be making more adjustments to it.
We don't want to overcomplicate it unnecessarily (it's already pretty complicated.)

rally point

Until today I have no clue, what the new features shall be usefull for. I mostly do not like it and yes I know, it's often just a matter of beeing kind of sticky to things we are used. But, i never had the need to look for a player or village name. My target are mostly all arround me and if not, I receive an attack plan. What is nice, is, to have the info about the target. Here I have to say, I like the idea, but not the result. And i don't need the distance (what would be the use?). I don't need the village itself displayed in a picture and I do not like all these tiny frames around these elements. It is nice that is is unneeded to enter the | but irretates, that the coords are now in a single field. I know I mentioned that, once selected a target, the mouseover (hand-symbol in previous version) suggested to have a link to that village, but instead of that, it was a simple "remove" function. Now we do have that red x and I really don't like it. What about, that this really would be a link to the target? Like the screen=info_village - page? That would help to check last reports e.g.. And at least, so not do any unneeded changes like you changed the position of the "fav, own, recent" links.

What is irretating for now too, if i enter coords, I do have to select the target afterwards (otherwise the village does not appear), but i still can attack. Is that wanted?

And please try to explain to me, why you made these rally point changes.

Thank you.

The rally point changes are for the many many people who don't get attack plans, or just generally are not yet very familiar with the game. The core problem we're trying to address is that when a new player visits the rally point, they see two coordinate fields and are immediately confronted with several problems:
1. What's X? What's Y?
2. How do I get X and Y?
3. What does this have to do with that small player next to me that I am trying to attack?
With the changes in the rally point, we hope to make their lives a bit easier.

For players who already know the game and are very comfortable with what they're doing, there's only going to be minimal benefit. (Or depending on how they play, no change at all.)

What we tried very hard to avoid with this feature is that the changes would negatively impact existing players, which is one of the reasons we tried to gather so much feedback during the Beta phase. With your guys help, we're pretty certain we've succeeded in that.

Thanks again for your feedback!

DeletedUser2404

Thank you very much for the quick response (specially on friday evening).

Let's see what the future brings for the labeling. Even without any changes it is much more balanced now.

Regarding the rally point, good point. I don't have a clue, how "newbies" behave, but I do understand, that this is something (the newbie in general) where you have to ensure, that they do not get lost. So hopefully that helps them. I guess, only time can show that.

So thanks again for the answer and have a nice weekend.