Q&D: Version 8.16 discussion thread

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Please discuss the new version here.

Changelog can be found here

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Too candy and just unpractical. Will there be a chance to change it individual to previous view?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Worse... The new differences are not much of an improval....

I could prefer the previous buttons

DeletedUser

The buttons are pretty nice, but they're to big. Now you have to scroll down much more and I think the most players with a lot of villages won't like that.
In the place I miss the colored buttons. I wish the attack- and support-button has their colours back.
That the 6.5 layout will be removed is pretty bad. I know a lot of old players who use the old style and I see that they'll flip totally out because of that. I think an alternative for that would be a graphic-package.

E:// I forgot: Now the settings are all at the "setting-point". I don't get why? It was better where they were before. Thanks that the maps-settings are where they was.

E2:// I really don't like the new headquarters overview. The tables are to big. This is not really my thing

DeletedUser

new, modern button styles and layout changes in some screens
It is new, yes. But "modern"? I don't think so. They are neither modern nor do they fit to the other parts of the layout.

settings for headquarter and village overview centralized in settings
I think it is a good idea to centralize the settings, but I don't get the sense of removing them from their old place. I would prefer to have the settings at the place where they have been before and additionally have them in centralized on the settings page.

6.5 layout removed
I personally do not use the 6.5-layout, but there are many who do so. I don't think that the removal of the old layout is a change that old players will like. I think it would be better for InnoGames to keep this option. The old players do not like InnoGames and the "new" Tribal Wars (with cash features, account manager etc.), but they accepted it, because they could keep "their" tribal wars. Now InnoGames wants to take away one of the essential parts of "their" tribal wars. I don't think this is a good sign of InnoGames to the players that got them where they are.

auto-completion: added to several screens
What does this point mean?

quests pop up if you can finish them
That is annoying. I want to choose when I finish it. I don't need the game to tell me when that is.
/e: Maybe this could be a optional feature. The first quest pops up and then you do not only have the option to finish or not, but you have also the option to never get such pop ups again.

quests now only show buttons relevant to your interests (continue if you can continue, complete if you can complete)
I was completly happy with the button be not clickable. Not necessary, but not bad at all.

DeletedUser1953

new, modern button styles and layout changes in some screens

It's too bad, doesn't match the game style

rankings: number for OD rankings increased

what mean this?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I think it is a good idea to centralize the settings, but I don't get the sense of removing them from their old place. I would prefer to have the settings at the place where they have been before and additionally have them in centralized on the settings page.

Centralizing means centralizing for easier maintenance and consistency and not blowing up the code by copying it to another screen as well.

I personally do not use the 6.5-layout, but there are many who do so. I don't think that the removal of the old layout is a change that old players will like. I think it would be better for InnoGames to keep this option. The old players do not like InnoGames and the "new" Tribal Wars (with cash features, account manager etc.), but they accepted it, because they could keep "their" tribal wars. Now InnoGames wants to take away one of the essential parts of "their" tribal wars. I don't think this is a good sign of InnoGames to the players that got them where they are.

The number of players using the 6.5 layout is incredibly small (even on DE), so it makes no sense to maintain any code for it.

What does this point mean?

Auto-completion means that you enter two characters in some fields and matching player names, tribe tags or tribe names will be suggested for selection. This was missing in some screens and added now.

That is annoying. I want to choose when I finish it. I don't need the game to tell me when that is.
/e: Maybe this could be a optional feature. The first quest pops up and then you do not only have the option to finish or not, but you have also the option to never get such pop ups again.

You can still decide by yourself if you want to finish it or not. Just click outside the popup to close it and it this one will not re-appear.

what mean this?

The maximum number of OD's was limited and reach by some players already. So further bashes could not be counted.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Centralizing means centralizing for easier maintenance and consistency and not blowing up the code by copying it to another screen as well.

But does the centralizing shorten the code?
In my opinion it is much more important that the settings are easy and understandable than to have a short code.
So the village overview settings should be accessacble via the village overview.

The number of players using the 6.5 layout is incredibly small (even on DE), so it makes no sense to maintain any code for it.

Because of this players InnoGames is what it is today. So it does not make sense from your point of view. But it does from the view of the players. But this shows how important the players are in InnoGames thinking. So even if it does not make sense you could see it as a service for the players, such as SDS (Speed Die Staemme), which does not make sense from the financial point of view. But it seems that service is no longer part of InnoGames plans of making money.

You can still decide by yourself if you want to finish it or not. Just click outside the popup to close it and it this one will not re-appear.

I can close it, yes, but finishing the next quest another popup will appear. Popups are annoying for many people (you could see this by the number of popup blockers that exist) so I think the option to not have those should be given.

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
But does the centralizing shorten the code?
In my opinion it is much more important that the settings are easy and understandable than to have a short code.
So the village overview settings should be accessacble via the village overview.

I can't tell you if it shortens the code or not. It is a matter of maintaining code (means not to have it twice as you suggested) and consistency. Centralizing settings in one screen is easier, because players have a central point to set up their account (based on the experiences from support tickets etc.), especially for things they set up once and usually don't touch again.

Because of this players InnoGames is what it is today. So it does not make sense from your point of view. But it does from the view of the players. But this shows how important the players are in InnoGames thinking. So even if it does not make sense you could see it as a service for the players, such as SDS (Speed Die Staemme), which does not make sense from the financial point of view. But it seems that service is no longer part of InnoGames plans of making money.

We don't need to discuss who is responsible for InnoGames' success as we will never have a conclusion about it and it is also not the right place here for this kind of discussion. In general: offering something that causes losses, because maintaining costs a lot of very expensive development time, which is hardly covered by the benefits / profits, makes no sense for any company.

You already read the threads about SDS on DE. So you should know about the actual situation with SDS - that it was cancelled, turned to events, the reasons for it etc. Giving this as an example is not really supporting your argumentation.

I can close it, yes, but finishing the next quest another popup will appear. Popups are annoying for many people (you could see this by the number of popup blockers that exist) so I think the option to not have those should be given.

Making everything optional is not really an option as it is confusing players.

DeletedUser

The buttons look better now but are still to big. The black background when you click the OK button is also still ugly.

Morthy

Developer
Elder Moderator
Reaction score
The buttons look better now but are still to big. The black background when you click the OK button is also still ugly.

What black background do you mean exactly? Which OK button? Which browser?