Rejected: yellow scout reports should be blue

DeletedUser

How about a blue/yellow swirl if the scout report was successful but you lost scouts?

DeletedUser73

i think that should be it

Blue - sucessful scout (some people dont like change)
Purple- some died, some survived
Red - no scouts survived

I certainly understand the reasoning behind the change, but you have to keep scenarios in mind where you send other troops along with your scouts. What dot is displayed if those troops died completely but the scouts survived? What about when you clear the village with the attacking troops but lost scouts? If you start adding more colours for scouts, you're forcing yourself to add yet more colours for the other possible scenarios.

DeletedUser1328

yes, this would make it all more complicated, and for the different things you would even need more colours and so on.. :S
whats so bad about the idea itself? just make the yellow scout reports blue..and everythings fine

DeletedUser403

yes, this would make it all more complicated, and for the different things you would even need more colours and so on.. :S
whats so bad about the idea itself? just make the yellow scout reports blue..and everythings fine

No it isn't because then you wont know if you have lost any additional troops . All you would know is that a scouting was successful , if that was what you wanted to know I think a better idea would be to make the writing of the report a slightly different color to indicate a scout report has been successful .

Then you can easily identify which reports have scout reports and not confuse any other information .

2hot2handle (2hot2handles village) attacks Bonus village (498|455) K44
2hot2handle (2hot2handles village) attacks Barbarian village (502|462) K45

Although the way it is at the moment makes sense to me , in simple terms .

RED : O crap I lost a lotta troops
YELLOW : Oh lets look at this report I lost something , but may have a scout report at least.
GREEN : All Good.
BLUE : Scout report .

<3

DeletedUser1328

No it isn't because then you wont know if you have lost any additional troops . All you would know is that a scouting was successful , if that was what you wanted to know I think a better idea would be to make the writing of the report a slightly different color to indicate a scout report has been successful .
think you got it wrong...

if you lost no troops: green, if you lost some normal troops: yellow, this cases will not change! so you know exactly when you lose normal troops because the colours stay the same!

but if you lost all normal troops and only scouts survive?? until now, yellow or blue depending on the number of the survived scouts, so you cant be sure from a yellow if you lost all normal troops or not
afterwards: blue, so by the first look you see that only scouts survived and no other troops survived

RED : O crap I lost a lotta troops
YELLOW : Oh lets look at this report I lost something , but may have a scout report at least.
GREEN : All Good.
BLUE : Scout report
and this is just wrong...

red: i lost all troops and couldnt clean the village (not a lot, a lot would be yellow) (enemies village not empty)
yellow: some of my troops survived and i could clean the village (enemies village empty) OR all my troops died exept for some scouts, i only got a scout report (enemies village not empty)
green: i lost nothing (enemies village empty)
blue: only scouting (enemies village not empty) OR all troops died, only scouts survived (enemies village not empty)

so in all cases, when you see the colour of the report you can say if the enemies village is empty now, but if its yellow you cant!
this idea would put the part where all troops died exept for some scouts to the blue one, then it would be like:
green/yellow: village empty
red/blue: village must not be empty

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser403

think you got it wrong...

if you lost no troops: green, if you lost some normal troops: yellow, this cases will not change! so you know exactly when you lose normal troops because the colours stay the same!

but if you lost all normal troops and only scouts survive?? until now, yellow or blue depending on the number of the survived scouts, so you cant be sure from a yellow if you lost normal troops or not
afterwerds: blue, so by the first look you see that only scouts survived and no other troops survived

OK I'm with you now , I think lol

Just to clarify for me ...

If you send 100lc with 10 scouts and 10 scouts survive you get a blue report ...

If you send 100 lc with 10 scouts and 6 scouts survive you get a yellow report and you're saying it should be blue. ?

If so I agree.

(paprika)(paprika)(paprika)(paprika)(paprika) (paprika)(paprika)(paprika)(paprika)(paprika)

EDIT : ok i read your edit I don't get you at all lol Ill read it again later ... :)

<3

DeletedUser1328

If you send 100lc with 10 scouts and 10 scouts survive you get a blue report ...

If you send 100 lc with 10 scouts and 6 scouts survive you get a yellow report and you're saying it should be blue. ?

If so I agree.

yes exactly :)

the edit was just to clarify it^^ it says the same in the end^^

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
How about simply adding the scout icon to the report (behind the yellow dot) if only scouts survive? Could be extended of course to add an axe or whatever if other units survive as well to make it clear.

For red reports could be done the same to solve a similar problem there as well. ;)

DeletedUser1328

i dont know..
if you add a scout for the scout report, you should probably add it everytime when scouts are sent, to make it constant..
but you should also make visible if the scout survived..
so a grey scout if they didnt survive, a coloured one if they survived? as for the ressources already? and what if some scouts survive?
and then have no blue dots anymore at all??

maybe this would be an idea later, but im not sure if it wouldnt make everything even more complicated, than to give a better overview...

blue is scout, that has always been like that, and has worked fine! exept from this single case in which its not perfect yet..
its rather a little bug! because when you ask someone who doesnt know which colour a report where 100 lcavs die and 5 of 10 scouts survive would have, he would say blue..thats what you expect...

so this idea is not to change the complete system of marking reports (new icons, new dot colours, new writing colour or whatever o.o ) its just to fix this "bug", this inconstant thing..

(im not completely against new icons or other things, but this has nothing to do with this idea...)

DeletedUser1328

*push :(
i lost some nobles today because of this :(
please change!

DeletedUser

Just because I would, yes, want to know if some troops died, I'd like it to be a new color entirely, maybe say orange or green.

DeletedUser73

How about simply adding the scout icon to the report (behind the yellow dot) if only scouts survive? Could be extended of course to add an axe or whatever if other units survive as well to make it clear.

For red reports could be done the same to solve a similar problem there as well. ;)

This seems like the best way to do things to me, otherwise we'll get into yet more colours. The main colour could be whatever happened to the troops (red, yellow or green) and behind that the blue dot if info was retrieved.

Agreed?

DeletedUser

mhh i dont know, what happens then, when you only send scouts without any "normal" troops? then only a blue dot? but what if you only send scouts and all scouts (or some) die? then no dot at all? :D

DeletedUser

fix this bug please please please
big changes about the system is a different thing
but the bug that non-empty villages get yellow dots is so bad ;(

DeletedUser1754

would you send nobles to this village?

blueir.png

i just did, and i cannot cancel them anymore -.-

think this village is empty? i thought so too

but nooo...see the latest report:

tricked.png

i feel kind of fooled...

please change it..if it just would have been blue this couldnt happen...

my nobles are going to be dead in 47:30...47:29...47:28......

DeletedUser1430

This seems like the best way to do things to me, otherwise we'll get into yet more colours. The main colour could be whatever happened to the troops (red, yellow or green) and behind that the blue dot if info was retrieved.

Agreed?

That seems a resonable change. It will make things easier without the need to add more colours.

DeletedUser1312

after reading typhi's post I agree to that instead. lol