Duplicate: Troops delete

DeletedUser120

Hello everyone.
My idea is very simple, I hope that has not already been posted, but the "Search" tools did not give me results.

So, my idea is that you can delete the troops from your village, without having to send an attack to other villages to lost them.
I think that idea could be useful only if some restrictions are added, like to block the function if the account is in sitting mode, and some others,that i think you are able to find ^_^

DeletedUser120

Sorry.
Anyways, i ve read lot of reply in those thread,but no one have talked about exceptions for this feature.
Most of them have rejected the idea because it could be abused by sitters or other players that are not the real owners of the accounts.

So there's two ways:
- If the account is in sitting mode, the function is disabled.
- If you give your password to other players (obviously not sharer) , it is a your problem. (because everything is at risk if you give your password)

And more, we can discuss about other cases that need deactivation of this feature.

DeletedUser

What about if you are hacked? Or have a coplayer who does it?

DeletedUser

if you give your account to other players you'll be banned or both will be banned for password sharing which is a violation of §1 in the rules

Only if the player also is on the world your playing, you can give your password to as many people not on the world as you like, and have them all co-play you.

DeletedUser120

I think that in the same case, an "hacker" or a bad co-player, can do this launching troops like we actually do to delete them ;) (or worse can do everything with your account,delete,violate the rules to be banned,and more)

so, a co-player is usually a reliable friend or something like that, if he deletes your troops, your trust was a mistake (like everything else).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Of course, in real life, you cant actually delete people (Ive tried :p)...but if this is troops we are talking about, they can be brainwashed to thinking they are normal villagers again...but that takes time.

DeletedUser

Of course, in real life, you cant actually delete people (Ive tried :p)...but if this is troops we are talking about, they can be brainwashed to thinking they are normal villagers again...but that takes time.

Or an army could be decomissioned, and told to go home to their families, they are no longer needed.

DeletedUser1430

Well if your hacked, co-played or your account sitter wants to destroy all your troops they can suicide them anyway on somebody else and you cant cancel after a certain number of mins.

A time limit on decommissioning troops was discussed on the .net talk about this. 1/8 seems good to me. 10k spears and 10k swords would take hours to decommission while suiciding them would take less time and could be canceled if you noticed your sitter had set them all to decommission with less effect to you. But mass decommissioning would take less effort. I would rather my sitter to be able to decommission my troops than send them out on attacks that cant be canceled after X mins.

DeletedUser

i like the original suggestion, if we have to beware against hacks we might as well say things like we cannot attack villages, write messages or use the market in case hackers get in and damage your account. same goes for account sitting.

DeletedUser

I often hear a lot of 'what ifs' in regards to account sitters destroying your account.
If you don't trust your sitter, why is he sitting your account at all? If he does destroy your account call it a lesson learned.

DeletedUser120

Finally, the idea is:

- Block the delete function to sitters; (or at least the option to activate it or not)
- Time needed to complete decommissioning of troops; (about 1/20 of the time of recruitment)
- A realistic description regarding the dismissal of soldiers.

We can have an opinion from the developers?

DeletedUser

Finally, the idea is:

1. Block the delete function to sitters; (or at least the option to activate it or not)
2. Time needed to complete decommissioning of troops; (about 1/20 of the time of recruitment)

1. but then we would have to block the demolish function to sitters aswell, it is the same
2. i don't like the idea of a time needed to decommission troops, may as well suicide them, would be quicker

DeletedUser

1. but then we would have to block the demolish function to sitters aswell, it is the same
2. i don't like the idea of a time needed to decommission troops, may as well suicide them, would be quicker

@2 - then that'd be your choice.

There'd be two options to decomissioning troops. For myself, I'd choose to spend 10 minutes, and decommission troops in my 2500 villages through the mass decommission page (same as mass recruit but opposite). It would take 20+ hours to decommission those troops, but I can live with penalty of in game time as a payment for being able to do this in very minimal time.

There will also be those, like yourself who feel that it'd be faster to suicide your troops, because in game time it would be, but it will also take you several hours to go through your 2500 villages, sorting out which ones have extras, and where to suicide them at. Yet at the end of the day, you'll be saving in game time, as they'll suicide fairly quickly, you'll be happy with that.

Btw, just wanted to pull this over from .net as this idea is being discussed there as well, and I believe we've beat into it for a long time, and have a fairly decent piece put together:

I don't know where getting resources back was suggested, but I think that's definitely a bad idea. I think as AYK said you can't decommission at the same time so it is like:

200 axes (recruitment): 06:04:03 (or whatever)
100 spears (decommission): 00:45:02
150 axes (recruitment): 05:16:25
100 spears (decommission): 00:45:02

as the que. So as it stands, I think this is what most people will agree on:

1. Decommission time of 1/4 train time. So for example, if a unit takes 3 minutes to train, it should take 45 seconds to decommission.
  2. Same troop que in the barracks/stables/workshop as recruitment. You can cancel it at any time the same as recruitment and move the "group" of units up or down in the que as you can in the current recruitment que. (see above)
  3. Mass decommission as a premium function. Individual decommission per village possible without premium, but no mass option.
  4. Optional in the settings for sitter access to decommission. A [ ] box, which when ticked will allow sitters access to decommission and as default left empty when no access to be given.
  5. Cannot decommission if the troops are not in the village. If decommission troops are in the que, and the troops in the village are sent on an attack or are cleared (troop numbers in the village drop below possible decommission que as a whole) the decommission que will cancel. For example: 10,000 axes are in the village. You que decommission for 3000. You send 7000 axes out, decommission continues as normal. You send 7001 out, decommission cancels as there are 2999 axes in the village with 3000 qued for decommission.

Any problems with that or more that I missed?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
I'm still not in favor with decomissioning of troops, but another suggestion that could be acceptable from TW:

1. Time for decommission: 1/4 of the normal train time based on the actual building level. Other values like 1/20 are not acceptable in my opinion.

• Available for premium and non-premium accounts with the used functionality (re-odering in the queue etc.).

• Decomissioning troops will cost 5% (or some other percentage) of the normal resources (see it as a compensation for the troops that are unemployed now).

• Mass decomissioning is a general AM feature.

• Mass decomissionig can be booked seperately if Premium is active as well and will be active for 7 days and could cost 30 PP.

• No restrictions for sitters (if you don't trust your sitter, don't ask him for sitting!).

• Only troops in your village can be decomissioned.

DeletedUser1754

good suggestion, lets make every idea for a new feature seperately buyable for 30 pp, then they surely implement it faster and then all the millionaires can use them all...