Passed On: Slightly different icon/attention method.

DeletedUser1314

Instead of having the icons appear next to Reports, Mail & Tribe, have the background of the button flash/glow gold/yellow. I, personally, find it very difficult to spot when I have new reports due to the icon not being obvious enough. Having the flashing buttons will make it look nicer as well as make it easier to spot if your attention is needed. Maybe also have a flashing Premium button if it's about to run out or a flashing Settings button if a new poll has been posted.

Feedback is welcome.

DeletedUser

i like the idea of make it another color although i dont like color -.-

and to have it additionally to the icons would be good i think, not instead of them..the pictures are nice but as you say, not good to see

for settings and premium i dont see a need, this would be rather confusing i think

DeletedUser1314

That's what I thought, hence the 'maybe'. That was just an added idea that I thought up on the spot as I was typing - not really much of a necessity but an extra idea nevertheless.

DeletedUser

I personally don't want to see flashy in my browser game, the more text based it stays the better in my eyes.

A number of people play these games while at work (I know I know...), and flashy is just begging you to get caught doing it.
Yes it'd make it easier to see, but it'll also make it easier for your co-worker to see..

DeletedUser1313

+1

but.. for arguments sake, the new colors (red header) do make it slightly more difficult to notice the icons. Maybe just making them with a glowing background isn't a bad idea or at the least, create a more visible color contrast.

DeletedUser

o.o i just looked up what flashing means, didnt know that word (blush)
no i dont want flashing things!! that would be annoying!
id only like to have another background for the buttons when theres something new, like yellow or so..

DeletedUser1283

Indeed, rather difficult to see the icons.
Maybay more contrast? Or another color perhaps

DeletedUser73

Mm, I can see the attraction of having a soft golden glow for menu items that have something to tell you. Flashing, heck naw. We experimented with that a few months ago, and the poll was pretty clear about that. :p

DeletedUser

Mm, I can see the attraction of having a soft golden glow for menu items that have something to tell you. Flashing, heck naw. We experimented with that a few months ago, and the poll was pretty clear about that. :p

A simple "text-shadow: " in CSS would suffice in that case, for the Internet Explorer you'd need the "filter" option or a background-image.