Implemented: Simulator

DeletedUser

Cases

Mostly I agree in amisy's idea of displaying how many attacks you need to do this or that, but I think it's easily possible to modify this idea a bit:

1. Display the number of needed attacks if you're lucky all the time [best case]
2. Number of attacks needed in average
3. Number of attacks needed if you're unlucky all the time [worst case]

The only problem I could imagine is that this is pretty much to calculate for the server.

DeletedUser

Mostly I agree in amisy's idea of displaying how many attacks you need to do this or that, but I think it's easily possible to modify this idea a bit:

1. Display the number of needed attacks if you're lucky all the time [best case]
2. Number of attacks needed in average
3. Number of attacks needed if you're unlucky all the time [worst case]

The only problem I could imagine is that this is pretty much to calculate for the server.

It'd be an issue if everyone in the world were continously using this feature, but that's incredibly unlikely.
Aside from that when doing a -25% 0 25% luck calculations, you could likely derive a formula to get from point a to point b, so it's only 3 calculations total.

DeletedUser

mhh yeah this could also be interesting....
but maybe it also could be a bit confusing then, when you have 9 things there best case, avarage and worst case for each wall first damaged, wall totally damaged, village empty^^ dont you think...? and yeah its even harder for the server then...

but hey, what if this how much attacks you need would be depending on the luck which you inserted? then you could see the results for the worst case by just entering -25% luck and so on..and so calculate your own worst/best case scenarios..
could then also be displayed, so that you notice that its depending on the luck
maybe like:

numbers of attacks with these troops and this luck needed to:

or something like that^^

DeletedUser

I think if it's charted it wouldn't be that confusing.
You just list Luck along the top, -25 0 25, and then put the values for each below it.

Would have to see it though, and don't have time to put a screeny together for it right now.

DeletedUser

ah, i get what you mean
yeah that would also be a good possibility :)

DeletedUser

big-tick.jpg

/tick mark of d4m0 approval

DeletedUser73

I think if it's charted it wouldn't be that confusing.
You just list Luck along the top, -25 0 25, and then put the values for each below it.

Would have to see it though, and don't have time to put a screeny together for it right now.

I (as well as the devs, other players and random people dropping in here because of really obscure Google search terms) would be interested in seeing this screeny if you all have agreed that this is how it would be best to implement. ;P

DeletedUser

I completely agree with this idea, the design isnt perfect but needs to be tweaked to be good, but the idea is great.

This will stop people like me from needing to spend a lot of time finding out that it takes approximately 410 nukes to take out 500k spears and swords :)

DeletedUser

20ql8p.png

Got a few minutes to slap this together, let me know what you think (sorry for the lack of tw colors in the chart, but excel is well, not a graphics program like umm paint!

Things I added:
A chart showing -25% / +25% and whichever % you entered in the middle.
And a check box beside calculate, to calculate to clear, instead of just doing 1 calculation.

DeletedUser

i like that of areyoukidden! would like to have this, please implement :)

DeletedUser1242

I can see how this could be a huge time saver. I wish I hadn't had to learn to estimate these kinds of numbers the hard way years ago.