Implemented: Simulator

DeletedUser1055

Hello,

I have a suggestion that will help everybody that wants to know how many attacks are needed in order to kill a large number of troops that are on a village.

Instead of typing the number of defense and clicking on calculate forever, there should be a button that would do this calculation how many times you wanted.

Here is an example of how the screen could be (sorry, there are some things in portuguese, but I think the main idea can be understood):

testesm.jpg

It would be very helpful against villages that have a large ammount of defense. Instead of clicking on calculate for a long time, or estimating how many attacks are needed, we could know exactly (ignoring the luck) how many attacks are needed in just a few clicks!

PS: Sorry for english mistakes, I tried my best :p

DeletedUser

i like this idea :)
it really is a problem if you want to see how many offs you need to kill a lot of deff standing in a village, and its annoying to click again and again and again^^
maybe it could be realized as you said, or maybe there just could be some other lines under the troops when the inserted deff is not killed, like:

simd.png

the wall lines only if rams are in the attack and when the wall is not damaged/taken to 0 with the first attack, and maybe also if there are catapults in the attack the same for catapults, this would really be great

DeletedUser1055

Yeah, I think your "design" for this idea is even better. It has all the information we want when using the simulator (I don't think anyone just wants to know how many troops are killed on the first attack). :D

DeletedUser

Agree with the 1st one, as its player inputted, disagree with amisy's idea, as I don't feel it fits the role of the simulator, its just telling you how to play instead of you at least having to find out yourself

DeletedUser1013

The only issue i can see with this, whilst not commonly used, it is possible to enter more than 1 defensive paladin weapon at a time.

How will the simulator know which weapon to take out when say 1 of the 4 paladins acting in defense is killed in say the 4th attack?

DeletedUser1055

The only issue i can see with this, whilst not commonly used, it is possible to enter more than 1 defensive paladin weapon at a time.

How will the simulator know which weapon to take out when say 1 of the 4 paladins acting in defense is killed in say the 4th attack?

It has to be in the order they are selected on the items field (not sure if it´s possible). Or an extra field where the player can choose the order. Or, to keep it simple, randomic..

DeletedUser1013

Ok, I suppose that could work.

I see no problem with this idea if people want to use it, for me i would not for the simple fact that the more times it runs through, the less accurate the results are going to become.

For example, if you calculated round 1 at 0% luck and in reality hit -25% luck, and ran 1 round, the results would be a little inaccurate. But if you did the same but ran 100 rounds, just that one difference at the start would have an incredibly major affect on the outcome. Let alone that actually there would probably be hundreds of inconsistencies between your simulation and reality.

So the further you go, the more useless the results actually are, they are no longer educated predictions, but become more like random luck as to whether they would have any bearing whatsoever on the real results. Which paladin weapon dropped first would also have this same effect.

DeletedUser

do you really think that the results are that useless when you calculate so often?
i actually dont think so, because the more attacks you calculate, the bigger the probability that the avarage luck is very near to 0

if you only calculate 1 or 2 offs on your deff troops, then it could happen that you have twice under -20% luck, or twice over +20%
but if you calculate 50 offs there, you wont be lucky/unlucky all the 50 times

remember the law of large numbers :D

DeletedUser1013

I am well aware of mathematic principle, what you have missed here is the concept of remaining troops to be calulated against and how that will throw off every further calculation. I know you will argue that in further calculation that the luck will play the other way and so losses will be less than expected, but that calculation would be based on false potential data, so i assure you that it will throw it out by a lot.

Furthermore the concept of which paladin dies when will make an incredible impact.

DeletedUser1049

there is an easy concept.
while simulating adding a button "re-simulate with surviving troops", you would need to count number of clicks or you could have some counter to check it, until you edit the troop amount on simulator.

DeletedUser1013

Like I said before, Ill support the original idea and see why some people would want to use it, it is just for me personally that I would not rely on the data, if I did it would be calculating at -25% luck every time - Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

DeletedUser

I am well aware of mathematic principle, what you have missed here is the concept of remaining troops to be calulated against and how that will throw off every further calculation. I know you will argue that in further calculation that the luck will play the other way and so losses will be less than expected, but that calculation would be based on false potential data, so i assure you that it will throw it out by a lot.

ok, i dont know how big this effect is, maybe your right
nevertheless i use this "massive calculating" a lot and for me the results are good enough :)

while simulating adding a button "re-simulate with surviving troops", you would need to count number of clicks or you could have some counter to check it, until you edit the troop amount on simulator.

like this..?
calc.png

translation: "attacks until now: 4"
(its a gm-script^^)

i like this^^

and again to the orginal idea: i think this way, by typing how many of these attacks shall be made, i wouldnt use it.. :-/ because then you also have to calculate more times, for example:

you get many attacks (not a fix number, still getting more) on 1 village, and you want to see how many offs the deff in the ville can defend
then you would think, mhh lets try if it survives 10 offs, type 10, ok thats good, deff survives, but wall is for example only level 12 then..
so you still want to know, how many offs more can you kill? and when did the wall get to 19? then you think, lets use the first calculation and go on there to answer the first question, type err 5 more offs, and try..oh then the deff is dead, so did it stand 3 more or 4? or only 2? so you have to start completely new and type 14 attacks (or go back in the browser history and type 4 after the 10) ok 14 is good, answered this question
but the other one, when did the wall first get damaged? ok competely new start, insert the troops again, guess...lets try 8 offs, oh i guessed wrong, im bad at guessing, wall is on 15 then^^ another try, completely new, what about 5 offs..no wall not damaged, lets try 6..ok 6 offs is the answer^^

this is how it would happen to me ;) and thats why i rather would just calculate all the attacks after each other, because its still "faster" and you know that you will get your results, without having to guess and so on...

ok you could say now: but it makes a difference when its not about 15 offs but about 50, because then when calculating all the attacks after each other its much more work...but then it would also be much more work with guessing, because does it stand 50 offs? no..lets try 40..ok it does, 45? no, 42? yes ...... and so on :D
hope you get what i mean^^

DeletedUser1049

yes idd that's the way i was reffering.
it's effective and wouldn't require much coding, so i think it would be easily implemented

DeletedUser1013

I get what you mean and yes it makes much more sense that way, plus i like the fact that in off number 4 say, you could change what that off might be (say a different paladin weapon in attack) and still keep the count going.

DeletedUser

I like this idea, it might not be spot on but it will at least get you in the ballpark.