Implemented: Showing notebook on mouse-over

DeletedUser

Some suggestions for what you might write in a village notebook;

- Village type - i.e. Special - HC only, maxed out res pits and high market. OR Special - Wall breaker Nuke, low res pits.
- Troops count requirements - 6000 axe, 3300 lc 219 rams 200 scouts.
- As stated above, sitter notes with instructions.
- Attack plans - Launch attack on 123|456 at 05.52.14.234 - full nuke
- Snipe plans - Snipe to 345|678 at 08.54.16 with 5 x 200 HC

These are just a few ideas to get your imaginations rolling :)

- village type: I use the groups for this for mass recruit
- troops count: the same with groups for mass recruit
- sitter notes: better to put in the main notebook, i don't expect the sitter to go over your hundreds villages to see what to do... ;)
- attack plans: the same as above - use the notebook with BBcodes with launch times.
- snipe plans: i guess the same as above.

Since you see this in the village overview only then need something to remind you when you are there... :confused:

DeletedUser1013

- village type: I use the groups for this for mass recruit
- troops count: the same with groups for mass recruit

So do I, but some people do not use that script, and further more whilst i use it, a sitter wouldn't have my script would they? And even further more, I have a group called 'Special', which I do not mass recruit script on, so yes it is helpful to me, even if it is not helpful to you.

- sitter notes: better to put in the main notebook, i don't expect the sitter to go over your hundreds villages to see what to do... ;)
- attack plans: the same as above - use the notebook with BBcodes with launch times.
- snipe plans: i guess the same as above.

And guess what is more useful that that? Putting it in you main notebook AND you village notebook, I don't expect the sitter to go back repeatedly to the main notebook ;)

DeletedUser

a sitter wouldn't have my script would they? And even further more, I have a group called 'Special', which I do not mass recruit script on, so yes it is helpful to me, even if it is not helpful to you.
the sitter has access to all your scripts and everything you have.
the only difference is that the sitter don't know the password so he/she can't delet or start over.

And guess what is more useful that that? Putting it in you main notebook AND you village notebook, I don't expect the sitter to go back repeatedly to the main notebook ;)

currently i think yes, you or your sitter will go back to the main notebook to see which village is next for action unless you create a special group called - "villages with notes"

another option might be to add some icon for villages with notes in the combined (or other) overview.

DeletedUser1013

the sitter has access to all your scripts and everything you have.
the only difference is that the sitter don't know the password so he/she can't delet or start over.

Depends if you keep scripts on your quickbar or your web browser.

currently i think yes, you or your sitter will go back to the main notebook to see which village is next for action unless you create a special group called - "villages with notes"

another option might be to add some icon for villages with notes in the combined (or other) overview.

Or put the villages that need action in BB codes in the notebook, then give details in the village notebook.

Bottom line, if you dont use it yourself, then congratulations, A* for you, well done, you are fantastic. but some people do use this, and find it very useful, I am one of them. So perhaps if you don't use it, just don't say anything....

DeletedUser

I've got to agree with Lost Dose here. I'm like you Yankale, I've yet to find a use for the in village notebook personally but it doesn't harm anything either. If people find it useful then so much the better. I do still agree with chisum that being able to see an icon from an overview would enhance this feature greatly and I would then have many uses for it.

DeletedUser

Bottom line, if you dont use it yourself, then congratulations, A* for you, well done, you are fantastic. but some people do use this, and find it very useful, I am one of them. So perhaps if you don't use it, just don't say anything....

You don't have to be mad or ...
Giving feedback doesn't have to always be 5 stars... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Back to the topic:
To make the village notebook useful i agree that having an icon in the overviews is a good idea.

DeletedUser73

I'm thinking that having the notebook show when you mouseover the village name could get in the way of things, better indeed to have an icon instead:

villagenotesintegration.png

Then i shall extend chisums original suggestion for an icon on the overviews to ask if it can also be placed on the map, perhaps similar to how you can give your groupings say a picture of LC.

Also would it be possible to open up the village notebook when you click on that icon?

Covering villages with yet more icons doesn't sound good for visibility. What about a link on the village info page?

DeletedUser

I'm thinking that having the notebook show when you mouseover the village name could get in the way of things, better indeed to have an icon instead

Good call there, I like it.

Covering villages with yet more icons doesn't sound good for visibility. What about a link on the village info page?

What about just making the text in your notebook that is displayed a link?

25fc2vb

or perhaps even better, maybe the text "Notebook"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1013

I was thinking that the notebook icon would be a hideable feature, like where you can turn different pop up options on or off. Personally I wouldn't mind having it there, but can see why some people may find it annoying.

What about some kind of middle ground, I am thinking where you have the little coloured circles, or the coloured boxes for groups, perhaps to have a border that could represent a notebook being there? Looking something like this, with the bottom one having a notebook notes;

icontu.png

That way it wouldn't be intrusive or ugly, but would still give a fast visual indication to you on the map. Just a thought, what do you think?

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
Marking villages on the map -with an entry in the notebook- would be also a good idea.

So, let me make a short summary about the collected ideas / wishes in this thread:

1. There should be an icon in the overviews to mark those villages with a notebook entry.
2. Hovering the notebook icon in the overviews should show the first lines of the notebook (thanks to Typhi for the screen ^^).
3. The icon in the overviews should be configurable as it is on the map (on / off).
4. Villages with a notebook entry should also be marked on the big map. Suggestions how to do that are welcome. ^^

Did I forget something?

Last edited:

fp0815

Staemme in my heart <3
Reaction score
4. Villages with a notebook entry should also be marked on the big map. Suggestions how to do that are welcome. ^^

In case the idea for village notes is accepted from the dev's this should include a solution for other player's villages as well. ;)

DeletedUser73

What about just making the text in your notebook that is displayed a link?

25fc2vb

or perhaps even better, maybe the text "Notebook"

I personally would have trouble clicking that before the popup disappears again due to the new position of the mouse. :p

Marking villages on the map -with an entry in the notebook- would be also a good idea.

So, let me make a short summary about the collected ideas / wishes in this thread:

1. There should be an icon in the overviews to mark those villages with a notebook entry.
2. Hovering the notebook icon in the overviews should show the first lines of the notebook (thanks to Typhi for the screen ^^).
3. The icon in the overviews should be configurable as it is on the map (on / off).

Did I forget something?

1 & 2 have been passed on.
3. I don't know about this... would anyone really *not* want to be able to read their notebook from the overview?
4. I'll move this discussion to a new thread so it's easier to follow.