Rejected: Server time

DeletedUser646

I would suggest to put live server time on log in page. It would eliminate the need to calculate or log in to see server time.

DeletedUser646

I see, so login pages are designed by respective server admins? Dont think so, because login page on all the server are precisely same !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, they aren't, but there are almost no mods here and I doubt they read this forum more than once a week, and not very comprehensively. If you want the idea to get to innogames, post in the normal forum :)

DeletedUser646

This is not something that can be done by a forum or game mod. If this is to be done, it has to be done by game developers who are developing log in pages

DeletedUser

No, but game devs aren't the ones who decide what gets programmed. It needs to go through Inno first. And the quickest way to inno, is through the normal forums.

DeletedUser

Hmm I don't get the advantage. Why do you need the (server)time on loginpage?! The loginpage should be very very simple, and as I said I don't see the advantage ;) So please tell me why you need this, please. And @d4m0 don't talk about things you don't know ;)

DeletedUser646

Lets say when i am co ordinating attacks or for that matter co ordinating anything else with my tribes mate. I have to frequently check whether i am near the attack launch time. Now either i do it using external websites , or doing manual calculations , or if its shown on login page - looking there. Also if i had a sitter doing something on my account and i dont want to kick him off in crucial time, then it would really help me to see current time.

Taking this suggestion further, why not show two different time - 1.server time as it is currently done, and 2.local time of player which can be set by player himself. How many times have u calculated what would be your local time when server time is xx:yy .

DeletedUser

And where is a problem?

- Time Zones? They are still the same, it is not necessary to watch server /login page/ every time You need it. Just once.

- Exact time? Synchronize your time on your own PC with exact time. Use some NTP server.

DeletedUser648

I've got the addition onto my time to reach ST memorized. It's not hard. ST is GMT, if I'm not mistaken, so just find your relation to that, and add/sutract what you need to, and you've got sever time from looking at any clock in your home.

DeletedUser

Our target is to keep the login page clean and simple (especially for new players), and I think there's no (real) need for the server time on loginpage. The difference between the server time and an NTP server shouldn't be more then ~ one second ;) So I'm sorry but this wouldn't be implemented.

DeletedUser

Is there any possibility that you could make a page showing server times?

DeletedUser561

Server time is currently +2 timezone, not GMT.
Windows 7 has the option to put a clock on your desktop with different timezones, so maybe that would help.

DeletedUser66

I've got the addition onto my time to reach ST memorized. It's not hard. ST is GMT, if I'm not mistaken, so just find your relation to that, and add/sutract what you need to, and you've got sever time from looking at any clock in your home.

You are mistaken.

Server time is currently +2 timezone, not GMT.
Windows 7 has the option to put a clock on your desktop with different timezones, so maybe that would help.

^ this.

Server Time from April - October is +2, +1 all other times. (+1/2 GMT, that is).

I have it memorised, e.g. at 1pm my time its 5am ST.

DeletedUser

I'm lucky :)

My time is server time or 1 hour ahead when the server is on daylight saving time :).

Makes my life so much easier ya know :)